• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI. Saviors or enemies of cricket?

Prof'Mackem

Cricket Spectator
Taking in the recent news about FTP (future tours programme) has left me a bit disheartened. I'm still undecided whether the BCCI are good for the game or not.

Last edited:

Prof'Mackem

Cricket Spectator
What's to decide? Of course they're bad.

Mate. The BCCI obviously contribute a massive chunk to the coffers of the ICC amongst other nations. Could the ICC and the lesser nations really survive without this blood money? After all the ICC hopefully use it to spread the beautiful game around the globe helping more countries start playing. Isnt that the end game?

I'm very interested in the outcome of the lawsuit by the PCB and what punishment the ICC serve the BCCI for breach of contract. They scammed the PCB in voting for them last time and reneged on their series.

cnerd123

likes this
The BCCI has only two key functions:

1) Run cricket in India
2) Earn as much money as it can from running cricket in India

They will do whatever they need to in 1) in order to achieve 2), and they will do whatever they need with their influence over the ICC to achieve 2) as well.

Sometimes this involves good things like restructuring domestic cricket, playing against Afghanistan more, and playing more Tests than ODIs. But sometimes it leads to bad stuff as well...like almost anything else they do.

Don't think they really care about the overall health or wellbeing of cricket at all tbh.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it feels like the BCCI are cricket's equivalent of Eddie McGuire (AFL fans know what I'm talking about here). In terms of their primary goal they do it quite well, but they are very prone to influencing the people that actually run the game and often quite negatively. I think the BCCI have some positives, but a fair few negatives as well.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
The BCCI are Awful. Absolutely awful, but both the ECB and CA went into bed with them so those two are equally as awful also.

brockley

International Captain
I will not say enemies,as they and their broadcasters have done some good things.

However the cost blow out where India get much more than anyone else at the expense of the Associates budget is pheenominally wrong.Whereas the other teams get = ammounts,except Ireland,Afghanistan who get projected less than what they were portioned to before the big pay out.And Zimbabwe which gets less than the test nations get less.They have 2 find the funds somewhere.

2nd the whereabouts clause and BCCI's opposition to the Olympic and Commonwealth games,mean we miss these and the chance to grow the game,exponentially.

brockley

International Captain
Olympics and Commonwealth games,means more state moneys for cricket.
Imagine China and USA putting millions into cricket,it would make a difference.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Olympics and Commonwealth games,means more state moneys for cricket.
Imagine China and USA putting millions into cricket,it would make a difference.
China not interested and the US wont as the game doesn't have enough food breaks for them like all their other moronic "sports"

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
China not interested and the US wont as the game doesn't have enough food breaks for them like all their other moronic "sports"
I have no idea what you're talking about. We have the only sport in the world built on food breaks.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Great Britain are (117) year reigning Olympic Champions at cricket, albeit really a team from Devon who defeated a ''French'' side consisting of British expats.