• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Making the ball buzz

neville cardus

International Debutant
Bradman once likened the experience of facing Bill O'Reilly to facing "a swarm of bees," but I don't know that he had in mind the effect attributed to Mailey and Turner. The latter, according to CB Fry, "made the ball spin like a humming-top; you could hear the ball buzz in the air as it travelled from his hand." I remember Tony Stubbs telling similar stories about a first-class Indian bowler whose name escapes me, and I'm pretty sure I've heard it said of others as well. Has anyone ever experienced this? Better still, has anyone any corroborating footage? And does anyone know who that Indian might be?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Last time I made the ball buzz my girlfriend told me never to use her electric shaver like that again