• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wbbl ︳03

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The tournament started yesterday with a bang.

Sydney Thunder were the first team to reach 200 in the tournamenets history and the Renegades were on track to reach the target before a catch was given out by the third umpire in very debatable circumstances meant that Jess Duffin(Cameron)was out which changed the game.

I didnt see much of the Sixers game, but Ash Gardner was amazing, fastest ever 100 and the highest ever team score lasted like 5 hours as Sixers made 242. The two Sydney teams play against one another today.

Overall I actually really like this tournament. there is a great mix of International players, Aussie stars and interesting players like your Molineux and Stalenburgs who are close to Aussie selection.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really sad I missed these games. Gardner was absolutely brutal. Perry was her usual brilliant self as well.

I really like the WBBL. It's a great way of promoting the women's game and is every bit as good as the men's game as a spectacle.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You can probably rewatch it online Stephen.

Scorchers vs Heat on right now. Kimmince is an interesting player, not sure how she made the Aussie team.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Our Lankan Chamara Attapattu is playing this year. Had a good start yester with 30 ball 42. She’s the first from SL to play here

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So many top-class players from all around the world, it's great.

Wow, the Scorchers did well to get to 190! When I was watching earlier they were three down for not many.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sciver and Brunt partnership was similar to Haynes and Stalenburg yesterday.

Attapattu is very classy with the bat. Not sold on her bowling, sooo slow.

_Ed_

The game's been over for a fair while now, but this has been some fantastic hitting from Kimmince.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thats probably how she made the Aussie side. She won me my only bet of the game, highest runscorer of the game to play for the Heat.

Gnske

Can we address the murder that happened yesterday? Think we can finally laugh in retrospect.

morgieb

So many top-class players from all around the world, it's great.

Wow, the Scorchers did well to get to 190! When I was watching earlier they were three down for not many.
Yeah aye, notice that the WBBL seem to get better quality overseas internationals (comparatively) than the BBL. I'm guessing the WBBL is the only professional women's T20 league?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Rope must've been in like 20 metres given the scores yesterday.
Nup; Gardner and Perry were generally clearing the fence. Outfield was lightning quick and it is NSO after all.

I didn't think it looked roped in much more than it would be for a men's game, really.

Yeah aye, notice that the WBBL seem to get better quality overseas internationals (comparatively) than the BBL. I'm guessing the WBBL is the only professional women's T20 league?
KSL exists as well, but yeah -- plus the women's schedules are far less full than the men.

Spikey

I mean even the BCCI have let a player participate in the WBBL

I was gonna make a combined BBL/WBBL thread and put both league's fixtures in the OP. How does that sound? (obviously this thread can just have the thread title changed and NUFAN can edit in the fixtures)

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
This is pretty amazing: after 2 overs yesterday, Perry was on 4 and Gardner on 5. After almost 10 overs, Perry was on 12 and Gardner was on 80.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Can't read the thread title without hearing Blackadder saying 'wibble'. I hope you're pleased with yourself.

stephen

Watching the highlights of the Heat game all I could think of was that the heat better prepare for a broken ****ing stump.

And that dropped catch into a direct hit runout was great. Incredible awareness.

stephen

The Thunder have an absolutely stacked batting lineup. Haynes, Blackwell, Taylor and Kaur is an embarrassment of riches.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The Thunder have an absolutely stacked batting lineup. Haynes, Blackwell, Taylor and Kaur is an embarrassment of riches.
Yep quality, I quite like Thunders spinner gibson and nicola carey is a handy all rounder too.

I also really like Adelaides bowling lineup. Batting is a little weak. Whens the next TV game?