• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rangana Herath or James Anderson?

Who's better - Herath or Anderson?

• Total voters

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Completely different in terms of bowling style, body type and likeability, but both match-winners over the last decade. Who's better?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Herath

Lovable, doesn't look like the missing link, and can bowl in sun or cloud. A man for all seasons.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Herath inspired Sri Lanka's first test win in SA.First test series win in England.Things Murali could not.

Not to forget the most recent 2-0 win in UAE,first ever team to beat Pakistan in a test series in UAE.

And obviously the 3-0 thrashing inflicted on the Aussies in 2016 in SL.We had only won one test before Vs Australia,and that too was in 1990s

Herath WAG.True champion.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Hearth has been immense for SL without any support

And those overseas wins he’s inspired just does it for me

Cheese Kota for the win.

Himannv

International Coach
Stupid comparison to be blunt.
Why?

I know that they're different types of bowlers but they do have similarities as well. They're both slightly reliant on conditions, both obviously key bowlers for their respective teams, and they're both match-winners who have been around for a while now.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely Jimmy. As much as I like fatty, bowling spin is the least impressive thing in cricket and he's feasted on some awful players of it.

cnerd123

likes this
Daemon's hate for finger spinners coinciding with the emergence of some gun finger spinners as of late has been beautiful to watch

Daemon

Daemon's hate for finger spinners coinciding with the emergence of some gun finger spinners as of late has been beautiful to watch
Lyon is the only decent one since Swann (excluding the various baseballers here).

Maharaj has potential but not much due to the nature of the type of bowling he's chosen. Herath is fat, not sure why people want to use him as a role model for future athletes. Ashwin is unfit and useless when the pitch isn't doing a lot. Jadeja is very accurate but relies on the pitch and is boring to watch. The Banglas are irrelevant.

Daemon

My irrelevance is irrelevant to the irrelevance of Bangladesh and it's army of finger spinners