• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka's absymal test record in India

Toaster

Cricket Spectator
Sri Lanka's absymal test record in India
A few weeks ago, prior to the start of Sri Lanka's tour of India, I was going through the head to head record of Sri Lanka in India in tests and was shocked to find they never won a test in India. Apparently they also have a very poor and shocking ODI record in India.

Since 1982,they have played 17 in India and lost 10 of them, in conditions which are not very different from Sri Lanka and they are highly unlikely to win the third test too. One can understand that their current team is poor and lacks leadership but it is quite surprising that their teams of yesteryears which had Murali, Sanath, Sanga and Mahela failed to win a single test in India. Can someone enlighten me why a team like Sri Lanka has failed to win even a single test and an ODI series in India?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was not aware of this but FMD not a single win is quite crazy.

SL vs IND is easily my least favourite matchup to watch. Honestly there are sooo many sports I would prefer to watch instead.