• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

SeamUp

International Coach
FIXTURES

30-31 DEC : SA Invitational Team v India (Boland Park, Paarl)

5-9 JAN : 1st TEST (Newlands, Cape Town)
13-17 JAN : 2nd TEST (Super Sport Park Centurion)
24-28 JAN : 3rd TEST (Wanderers , Joburg)

1 FEB : 1st ODI (Kingsmead , Durban)
4 FEB : 2nd ODI (Super Sport Park, Centurion)
7 FEB : 3rd ODI (Newlands , Cape Town)
10 FEB : 4th ODI (Wanderers, Joburg)
13 FEB : 5th ODI (St George's Park , Port Elizabeth)
16 FEB : 6th ODI (Super Sport Park , Centurion)

18 FEB : 1st T20 (Wanderers, Joburg)
21 FEB : 2nd T20 (Super Sport Park , Centurion)
24 FEB : 3rd T20 (Newlands, Cape Town)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would be a bit strange if they do pick Bumrah, but I suppose he won't play anyways so meh. Other than that the squad picks itself really.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Can't wait. Hopefully all three of Steyn, Philander and Rabada are fit and raring to go. We've only seen that combination in what? Three matches or so?

vcs

The Ashes will be a nice little appetizer to this main course.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Do we know anything regarding Morkel and du Plessis injuries? Are they recovered in time for the Zim Test?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The Ashes will be a nice little appetizer to this main course.
The first Ashes Test was a bit bitter and lacked any proper substance... hopefully the rest of the appetizer courses improve. Else I will just be looking forward to the mains....

SeamUp

International Coach
Do we know anything regarding Morkel and du Plessis injuries? Are they recovered in time for the Zim Test?
Morne's situation. Good chance he will come back for Northerns and Steyn will probably look to get a 3-day game in there.

Morne Morkel, who is on the mend from a side strain, also looks set to play a part in South Africa's busiest home season since readmission. He is currently bowling at 80% and should be at full capacity in early December.

However, Morne's brother and Titans' T20 captain, Albie, told reporters in Pretoria that he only expects Morne to be fit for the playoffs of the Ram Slam in mid-December and at that stage, it is unlikely he will get a game. CSA have a policy that any player returning from injury must play some form of domestic cricket before they can be considered for the national team. That means Morne may also look to the provincial structures or even club cricket to prove his fitness.

OverratedSanity

Predictions:

Highest runscorer: Kohli for India, Elgar for SA
Highest wickettaker: Bhuvi for India, Rabada for SA
Surprise performer: Rohit Sharma
Biggest disappointment: Steyn breaking his shoulder again and announces his retirement
Miscellaneous prediction: QdK will be the only guy Ashwin bowls well against
Series Result: India 2-1

vcs

Predictions:

Highest runscorer: Kohli for India, Elgar for SA
Highest wickettaker: Bhuvi for India, Rabada for SA
Surprise performer: Rohit Sharma
Biggest disappointment: Steyn breaking his shoulder again and announces his retirement
Miscellaneous prediction: QdK will be the only guy Ashwin bowls well against
Series Result: India 2-1
Look at you, being optimistic and all (apart from the Steyn prediction).

I hope there is some way that Steyn can be magical and we still manage to win.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Rabada looking really good, Steyn coming back....

Philander to take most wickets at CT. Rabada at Wanderers, Steyn at Centurion. All end with 18 wickets. Maharaj with 6.

Top scorer for SA, Markram after realizing Indian speedsters aren't that good... Amla 2nd, just because. India to bowl SA out only once during the series.

Kohli retires after his only test series loss unable to take the heartache...
Indian topscorer is Pujara because he is the best and most beautiful Indian batsmen...
India realize they still don't have any quality speedsters and Ashwin is best bowler!

:p

SeamUp

International Coach
If they don't play Temba and go with the all-rounder I think they may go with Morris. Especially with the 3 tests probably being on our most bouncy wickets out of our main 5 test venues.

vcs

Can't help but feel that our chances will hugely depend on the quality of our slip catching. Kohli will definitely stand there and put down a few. :(

SeamUp

International Coach
Also how well Hardik Pandya does. Because they are going to go with him instead of an extra front line batsman.

morgieb

Should be an awesome series. Can't wait to see how this Indian side fares away from home, think they have the tools to do well outside of the subcontient in contrast to previous years.

Still the possible South African side looks ridiculously strong on paper.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
If they don't play Temba and go with the all-rounder I think they may go with Morris. Especially with the 3 tests probably being on our most bouncy wickets out of our main 5 test venues.
If it was my choice I would put Philander in as allrounder, his batting has improved enough to be considered a decent no 7. I find Morris batting and bowling to erratic...

My team,
Elgar
Markram
Amla
ABdV
Faf
QDK
Philander
Maharaj
Rabada
Steyn
Morkel.

SeamUp

International Coach
If it was my choice I would put Philander in as allrounder, his batting has improved enough to be considered a decent no 7. I find Morris batting and bowling to erratic...

My team,
Elgar
Markram
Amla
ABdV
Faf
QDK
Philander
Maharaj
Rabada
Steyn
Morkel.
Definitely an option but Gibson is a big advocator of batting deep. That was my thinking and to call-up Morris up to be with them in Potch for Bangers says a lot to me.

But it would be so harsh for Morkel to miss out.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Hardik's going to bomb. Haven't seen his bowling at all in tests so far and he'll come into the series with not much match practice.