• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Not unhappy about that, would have liked another 20 runs but game was drifting a bit there.... now time for some fireworks.

SeamUp

International Coach
Seriously I find it completely hilarious that Steyn has decided to straight up copy Smith's technique
Bend of the knees and everything. They share the same sponsorship. Clearly took a liking to watching him on tv whilst injured.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A tad above par score imo. Decent bowling effort. Bhuvi should've had 5fer, Shami was good in patches Bumrah pretty crap and Pandya was surprisingly ok.

Hyped for Steyn. Just don't break your shoulder, k?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Hope this is not like the first match against Pakistan in 2013. One of my favorite Steyn spells, that one.
Yeah someone else just reminded me of that match when I was talking about how India have had an excellent 1st day. That being said, that batting line up was quite weak with likes of Farhat and Hafeez opening and Azhar/Shafiq were barely 10 tests old. This Indian team at this stage has more experience and quality.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't need much more from Ashwin on overseas tours than what he did today, just over 15 overs instead of 7.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
At this stage I think both sides will be fairly pleased with where they’re at, India would settle for bowling SA out in day 1 for less than 300, SA will be very pleased having been reduced to 12-3 very early on.

However, this next period could seriously swing it in SA’s favour. Really looking forward to seeing how the Indians play through to the close of play.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
At this stage I think both sides will be fairly pleased with where they’re at, India would settle for bowling SA out in day 1 for less than 300, SA will be very pleased having been reduced to 12-3 very early on.

However, this next period could seriously swing it in SA’s favour. Really looking forward to seeing how the Indians play through to the close of play.
No wickets before stumps and you have to say India just edge ahead.