Page 5 of 288 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: ***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    Even taking quotas out of it... Gibsons choice is not clear yet. The top 6 for SA is pretty sorted, and we know Philander, Steyn, Rabada and probably Maharaj will play. That leaves 1 spot for 1 of Bavuma, Morkel, Morris... possible Pheklukwayo, but that would be a quota choice. So if Gibson back 4 bowlers, then Bavuma may stay but he has made it clear he likes 7 being an allrounder spot with a long batting line-up.
    I think the big question could be whether Gibson thinks Philander is good enough to bat at 7, as that obviously opens up the door for a dream quartet of Steyn, Philander, Rabada, and Morkel. He has been in decent form with the bat of late - he did well against England (batting at 7 some of the time), and has also had a couple of good cameos for the Cobras in the Ram Slam, so that definitely strengthens the case for me. Also, Gibson did pick Phehlukwayo to bat at 7, and you certainly can't say that Philander is any worse than him, although it was against Bangladesh and we don't know how much he may have been persuaded by the selectors to do that, not having had much of a chance to get to know the players at that point.

Gob
    Needs Dale to reclaim the rightful no 1 spot from Jimmy the unworthy and hold on to it until Pat cums of age.
    Dead Dove Do Not Eat

Virat-Vaughan-Amla

Quote Originally Posted by JERICHO View Post
    Dropping Kesh Maharaj is not an option he is probably one of the first names pencilled onto the team sheet for any surface anywhere in the world. In his short career he has been excellent taking into account the fact that all of the surfaces he has bowled on so far were not spinner friendly.
    Yes, Morkel for Maharaj is quite similar to the Pattinson for Lyon discussion. Maharaj or Lyon for that matter have done nothing wrong to warrant this discussion.

India have declared the team for the tour -

India team: Virat Kohli (capt), M Vijay, KL Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-capt), Rohit Sharma, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Parthiv Patel, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah.

Parthiv and Jasprit the (slightly) unexpected selections, but I suppose a backup for pacers and the keeper is good. Also, good that Rahane has been named vc, hopefully it means something and his place would be safe for the series.

Looking forward to this series. Should be a good contest. Definitely looking forward to it more than the ashes. Also not looking forward to the 6 jam odis
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Good squad.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Quote Originally Posted by srbhkshk View Post
    India have declared the team for the tour -

India team: Virat Kohli (capt), M Vijay, KL Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-capt), Rohit Sharma, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Parthiv Patel, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah.

Parthiv and Jasprit the (slightly) unexpected selections, but I suppose a backup for pacers and the keeper is good. Also, good that Rahane has been named vc, hopefully it means something and his place would be safe for the series.
    No real surprises. Strongest Indian squad to visit these shores ?
    LILLEE c WILLEY b DILLEY

vcs
    Kuldeep unlucky to miss out. But there's only so many spots, he'll get his opportunity eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

I'd have had Kuldeep in. If Ashwin and Jadeja are pantsing it, I'd think I would want to go to him.
    Shri likes this.

*when Ashwin and Jadeja...
    J_C, OverratedSanity and zorax like this.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Can.Not.Wait.For.This. Watching Rabada, Steyn and Philander against India's top 6 will be the thing of beauty
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

I'd like to see pitches with some pace in them. Would be so good to watch this batting line up take on the saffer pace bowling

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    I think there's a genuine chance Ishant will be preferred to Yadav in the first XI.

Yadav hasn't been bowling that well of late but he was so, so good against Australia and England

Ishant as a third seamer ahead of Umesh is wrong. Umesh much better at reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    I'd like to see pitches with some pace in them. Would be so good to watch this batting line up take on the saffer pace bowling
    I actually hope the pitches have extreme pace to make up for the pitches south Africa encountered in India.

Page 5 of 288 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread Information