• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jonker and Behardien were left with too much to do at the end there.

Good that we were able to win despite an off day for our best bowler Bumrah.

Daemon

Seriously though Bumrah? He's far too one dimensional to be a force in test cricket.
Im curious to see how Bumrah bowls at the tail. Ive never seen him with a red ball, but think he will be a handful.
I can imagine. This is such a Pakistan kind of selection. Pick the ODI performer over Test performer in the wrong format
Rohit over Rahane I can understand if not agree with.

But Bumrah over Ishant and Yadav is just insanity. 2 of our 5 bowlers have done virtually no bowling in their test match careers and they're thrown into a series in SA.
lmao Bumrah making his Test debut

lets hope this works
Thinking about it, it's not a bad choice at all if he is good enough to last the test. Better bowler than both of them.
Don't like the bumrah selection one bit. Ishant and Yadav have been bowling well for the most part and are suited to the conditions. Why throw a debutant in?

And I know Rahane is in piss poor form but I'd have given him the first test atleast. Think Rohit will do well but damn, not what I expected.
ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS JFC BUNRAH AND NO RAHANE **** ME SIDEWAYS z
I don't think Bumrah is a test bowler's arsehole tbh. Ishant and Yadav aren't amazing but showed patches of real quality in the home season. And they're much more suited to SA conditions.
I don't really care about Bumrah over Ishant, but either of them over Yadav is nuts IMO.
some good some bad some ok calls

vcs

I think Bumrah had a mediocre game on a very bowling friendly track in Cape Town on debut, then bowled really well at Centurion where Bhuvi got dropped for someone. Think he's an absolute gun on pitches where you have to hit the deck hard to get something out of them, tailor made for Australian conditions, basically.

Daemon

I think Bumrah had a mediocre game on a very bowling friendly track in Cape Town on debut, then bowled really well at Centurion where Bhuvi got dropped for someone. Think he's an absolute gun on pitches where you have to hit the deck hard to get something out of them, tailor made for Australian conditions, basically.
He learns fast. In England he worked on his seam presentation and actually developed an outswinger.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
And yet I watched him at Cape Town and he looked seriously dangerous, just still quite raw. Was really impressed though. Then I got home from the game and read all the complaints and was baffled. Was thinking of reviving this thread too, but decided it would be churlish...

Spark

Global Moderator
And yet I watched him at Cape Town and he looked seriously dangerous, just still quite raw. Was really impressed though. Then I got home from the game and read all the complaints and was baffled. Was thinking of reviving this thread too, but decided it would be churlish...
I've noticed that watching a game in person, you tend to be much more impressed by bowlers who hit the deck and bat hard and make life uncomfortable for the batsmen but don't necessarily bowl that full wicket-taking length a lot than on TV

OverratedSanity

I've noticed that watching a game in person, you tend to be much more impressed by bowlers who hit the deck and bat hard and make life uncomfortable for the batsmen but don't necessarily bowl that full wicket-taking length a lot than on TV
Yah there's definitely truth to this but it's that way for people who watch on TV too. Back in 07/08, this is pretty much why some people were arguing Lee and Ishant were better than Steyn.

It just looks more impressive to the eye.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yah there's definitely truth to this but it's that way for people who watch on TV too. Back in 07/08, this is pretty much why some people were arguing Lee and Ishant were better than Steyn.

It just looks more impressive to the eye.
I think it's that when you can't really see the ball, you have to sort of go on the batsman's reaction, and someone like Bumrah or Morkel is definitely unpleasant to face even if they don't nick you off as regularly as Steyn