• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
India could win this test, but the Rohit-Bumrah-Dhawan tripple whammy selection could lead to a narrow loss.
Rohit-Bumrah-Dhawan-Hardik together! Someone should tell Shastri and Kohli this is not a T20 match in Nagpur against Lahiru Gamage and Lahiru Thirimanne.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am not against dropping out of form players at all but bring in proper players in their place. Where is KL, where is Karun..

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dont mind Bumrah. Yadav was not setting the stage on fire in Ranji and Bumrah has pace and brings some thing different to the attack.
Not enough shape on the ball. He's not a test bowler yet. Certainly not on Yadav and (sadly) Ishant's level.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Would that count as a drop?
Well the greatest of slip fielders (Ponting, Dravid) would have caught it. But that's setting a really high bar. Most teams, especially SC teams would not have caught that.

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
How nice would it be to be Umesh Yadav right now? You break your back bowling in the ****test of conditions for fast bowling, out bowl every other fast bowler in your country's most competitive series at home in a long time against batsman that play pace better than most and then you get dropped for an ODI bowler who's played no test matches at all.

Must be bliss.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Steady on. You take a wicket here and you're still well in front.
My issue is that SA won't be giving anything away like we somewhat are at this point. Also Bumrah's line of attack means there's certain areas the ball won't go. That's why I want the guy at mid off moved back as it's one of the areas that will be targetting over and over again.

Spark

Global Moderator
My issue is that SA won't be giving anything away like we somewhat are at this point. Also Bumrah's line of attack means there's certain areas the ball won't go. That's why I want the guy at mid off moved back as it's one of the areas that will be targetting over and over again.
Surely mid-off is the one guy you don't move back? You don't want ABdV bunting them down the ground for easily singles, if anything you want to encourage him to hit through cover.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't decide which is dumber - dropping Umesh for Bumrah or Rahane for Rohit. Rohit at least in good form. Slip catching however. But Umesh is a big loss. He could have won India the test with one great session of bowling. Kohli and Shastri are just the worst selectors.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely mid-off is the one guy you don't move back? You don't want ABdV bunting them down the ground for easily singles, if anything you want to encourage him to hit through cover.
That depends on who's bowling, Bumrah doesn't have an outswinger so I don't see AB worring about driving Bumrah down the ground. I wouldn't mind having Faf on strike more often than not anyways.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Can't decide which is dumber - dropping Umesh for Bumrah or Rahane for Rohit. Rohit at least in good form. Slip catching however. But Umesh is a big loss. He could have won India the test with one great session of bowling. Kohli and Shastri are just the worst selectors.
Shastri shouldn't be coach, the little ****. Hope we get Dravid as coach next. Someone who knows a thing or two about winning tests away from home.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Regarding Bumrah: yes, he is still green but I back him. He has pace and will be threatening once he gets it right. Wil get it right sooner rather than later.