• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thank god ABdV is coming back.

This is going to be a gun series. So pumped!

Hope Steyn takes a bagful. Hope ABdV scores a bagful. Hope Amla scores a bagful. Hope Rabada takes a bagful.

OF ****. THIS IS WAR!!! COME ON INDIA!!!!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I'd back Markram in a LO game without question. Just think Duminy had more going for him as a Test bowler.
Being facetious... yes, Duminys talent is undeniable, he just never used it. And no I would never backing Markram as anything but a 6/7th choice desperation test bowler.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Thank god ABdV is coming back.

This is going to be a gun series. So pumped!

Hope Steyn takes a bagful. Hope ABdV scores a bagful. Hope Amla scores a bagful. Hope Rabada takes a bagful.

OF ****. THIS IS WAR!!! COME ON INDIA!!!!
If only it was starting a couple of weeks earlier and was at least 4 Tests long.... but, hey, at least we have a full series.

Dendarii

International Debutant
If Steyn is going to play, we need the fifth bowler. He has broken down too many times in the last few years, and while I don't think it's hurt his skill or striking ability, we need that cover especially since none of the top 6 bowl much except Markram(Think Elgar has back issues). And Duminy's off breaks > Markrams offbreaks.
AB to turn his arm over again? He does average under 30 in ODIs. :laugh:

Slifer

International Captain
I genuinely think this is indias best chance for their first win in rsa. I think series will be close india have come a long way and they do have that winning mentality/confidence which goes a long way.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The most glorious thing that could happen in this series is Hardik gunning it, making ABdV his bunny, and scoring a half century en route to a historic series victory.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I genuinely think this is indias best chance for their first win in rsa. I think series will be close india have come a long way and they do have that winning mentality/confidence which goes a long way.
SAs full strength side is filthy strong though, India will have to play out of their skins to even make a match of it here. I'd be more confident in England tbh.

Slifer

International Captain
SAs full strength side is filthy strong though, India will have to play out of their skins to even make a match of it here. I'd be more confident in England tbh.
But that's the caveat, I doubt RSA will be at full strength. Philander is brittle and unreliable. Steyn up in the air.

SeamUp

International Coach
But that's the caveat, I doubt RSA will be at full strength. Philander is brittle and unreliable. Steyn up in the air.
They've been bowling in our Ram Slam Comp.

Philander is looking trim as he can be & even getting the white ball to do things. Clearly after the chat with Faf he is not allowed too much hot dogs and beer.

Dale Steyn got better with each of his 3 games. Got into the high 140s effortlessly too. Now gone back to Cape Town to bowl in the nets and possibly prepare for more T20s or maybe play a 3-day game for Northerns.

Bahseph

State Captain
Yeah I haven't seen Philander look that good in ages. Hopefully he is taking his fitness seriously now because he has a good few years left in him.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, definitely need a spinner in SA these days. He also bats abit, although not having scored too many runs since his debut is an issue.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Even taking quotas out of it... Gibsons choice is not clear yet. The top 6 for SA is pretty sorted, and we know Philander, Steyn, Rabada and probably Maharaj will play. That leaves 1 spot for 1 of Bavuma, Morkel, Morris... possible Pheklukwayo, but that would be a quota choice. So if Gibson back 4 bowlers, then Bavuma may stay but he has made it clear he likes 7 being an allrounder spot with a long batting line-up.