Page 3 of 287 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: ***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    Think Newlands will be dryer than normal... could see the deck turn day 3 onwards. Hopefully it is not a Newland road. Interesting to see what happens at Centurion, I do expect plenty of bounce at Wanderers and Centurion.

Thank goodness CSA were not stupid enough to play at Kingsmead and/or St George's against India.
    We are suffering a drought/water-restirctions so you would expect so but then I see the T20 pitch yesterday and every year it is getting more bouncy with decent pace.

My company does cricket pitch covers for Newlands so I try and squeeze info out of Evan for what is his special formula but I don't get a reply.

He is a Durbanite. Maybe Kingsmead should try and lure him home because that pitch is becoming more like the sub-continent with every passing year.

Mentioned it in the post after yours. Very apparent and Faf has strongly voiced his opinion on pitches for the opposition. Especially after the last India tour
    Last edited by SeamUp; 27-11-2017 at 04:11 AM.
    StephenZA likes this.
    LILLEE c WILLEY b DILLEY

U19 Debutant
    If Morne is fit I'd definitely have him in the team and Philander at 7. If AB wasn't back I wouldn't be so confident but with him at 4 it just makes the batting line up look world's better.

I hope Shami and Kumar are the first choice pace bowlers for India. Genuine class there. And whilst I see the appeal of Umesh, I wouldn't be too disappointed if Sharma was given the node as third seamer. Big test for Ashwin. He has the skill, but it's dissapointing that he hasn't done well in conditions not conducive to spin yet. He needs to live up to his pedigree.

Rabada will own Rohit and Rahul will come in at 6 by the third test.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    "Still waiting for bole trekking Marayyye". Keep Kumar up in the third umpires box please,its hilarious. Him almost screwing up a DRS referral a definite highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    Can't wait. Hopefully all three of Steyn, Philander and Rabada are fit and raring to go. We've only seen that combination in what? Three matches or so?
    Four matches: All-round records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

But one of them was on the tour of India where the pitches were turning from Day One, one was a match that was washed out, and one was the match against Australia where Steyn broke down. So there's only been one match where the three of them had a chance to get going.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    On paper, Steyn+Philander+Morkel+Rabada is arguably the best 4 man pace attack since the Windies quartet. Should be great to watch.
    SeamUp and indiaholic like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

U19 Debutant
    If Steyn is going to play, we need the fifth bowler. He has broken down too many times in the last few years, and while I don't think it's hurt his skill or striking ability, we need that cover especially since none of the top 6 bowl much except Markram(Think Elgar has back issues). And Duminy's off breaks > Markrams offbreaks.

International Captain StephenZA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahseph View Post
    If Steyn is going to play, we need the fifth bowler. He has broken down too many times in the last few years, and while I don't think it's hurt his skill or striking ability, we need that cover especially since none of the top 6 bowl much except Markram(Think Elgar has back issues). And Duminy's off breaks > Markrams offbreaks.
    Not based on recent results...
    "Here are the opinions on which my facts are based." - Humanity
    "Man occasionally stumbles on the truth, but then just picks himself up and hurries on regardless." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Anyway, looking forward to seeing which of the two captains leaves more straight balls on the stumps. That's the real battle.
    Faf will win that battle

Absolute must and I wouldn't only say Steyn with Vern and Morras around. Too many games we've been a bowler down and Kesh has had to bowl more overs but now we up against the best players of spin.

We just can't be sure so I reckon we definitely will be going in with 5 bowlers.

It basically comes down to Morkel versus Morris, for his batting. Unless we go back to 7 batsmen with Bavuma... but that will be a very clear quota issue. Zim 4 day test may give an indication?

Is AB playing in the Tests?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Is AB playing in the Tests?
    Yes. Back for SA... should probably play in Zim fixture, before the Indian tour starts.

Thank god ABdV is coming back.

This is going to be a gun series. So pumped!

Hope Steyn takes a bagful. Hope ABdV scores a bagful. Hope Amla scores a bagful. Hope Rabada takes a bagful.

OF ****. THIS IS WAR!!! COME ON INDIA!!!!
    Heboric and indiaholic like this.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    Not based on recent results...
    I'd back Markram in a LO game without question. Just think Duminy had more going for him as a Test bowler.

I'd back Markram in a LO game without question. Just think Duminy had more going for him as a Test bowler.
    Being facetious... yes, Duminys talent is undeniable, he just never used it. And no I would never backing Markram as anything but a 6/7th choice desperation test bowler.

Page 3 of 287 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information