• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Wet ball wouldn't have helped either. So this thrashing can be overlooked. The rain breaks definitely helped SA to a great extent.

But there are some pretty glaring weaknesses in our batting lineup, not putting up 330+ after that start was unforgivable. SA can easily get back into this series, they just need to dismiss Kohli and Dhawan early and there isn't much afterwards. Dhoni pottering about strugglng to strike at 100 is painful to watch these days...
The thrashing was needed, it's better if they get tested enough before the WC.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I have got news for you about where the WC is taking place next year...
More than the WC, I think it would be interesting to see Kuldeep in tests, he is very difficult to pick and I think it's the right time to bring him in. Jadeja is useless if there's no turn, I give props to Ashwin for giving his best and improving his bowling with each game, but Kuldeep might just be more effective than both of them.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hard to see India winning the next WC with Dhoni in the team.

Amazing how he has consistently managed to confuse and pressurize his teammates. He doesn't have a defined role in the side, other than to stink up the 40-49 over mark. Oh but he makes up for it with two boundaries in the final over.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He is valuable as a keeper though, and his way of coaching the leggies through their spells is a big bonus. So we just have to hope his form improves with the bat, because I don't see anyone else being able to provide that.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He is valuable as a keeper though, and his way of coaching the leggies through their spells is a big bonus. So we just have to hope his form improves with the bat, because I don't see anyone else being able to provide that.
It can work with him at number 7. But that won't happen under any circumstances.

He has to be a big man and admit that he has a problem and move to number 4. And get out gracefully at the 40 over mark.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Hard to see India winning the next WC with Dhoni in the team.

Amazing how he has consistently managed to confuse and pressurize his teammates. He doesn't have a defined role in the side, other than to stink up the 40-49 over mark. Oh but he makes up for it with two boundaries in the final over.
Kohli isn't still there as a captain. Dhoni guiding the bowlers and Kohli at crunch times is invaluable for the team. Dhoni's keeping is also second to none at the moment. I agree with what Shri said, Dhoni should bat at number 4, that'll give him enough time to get his time in and attack in the end.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He has to work on his strike rotation. I don't know how he suddenly lost that, it was always one of the strongest parts of his game.

Shri

Mr. Glass
get his time in and attack in the end.
He's lost it. Need him at 4 to rotate strike and can't expect much else from him at this point. We need two quick scorers coming in after him after he prevents a collapse. And Pandya shouldn't bat anywhere above 7 either. Maybe Iyer at 5 and Raina at 6 since there won't be much bounce in England.

SeamUp

International Coach
brought out a smile from Kohli...absolutely outrageous shot
I think the last 4 was so good it made Neil Mac bring out his puns - Class-sen

Nice mix of power and creativity.

One thing this has hopefully done is no more Mosehle in a SA shirt. Been one of the luckiest players to get away with the domestic career he has had.

Last edited:

Dendarii

International Debutant
One thing this has hopefully done is no more Mosehle in a SA shirt. Been one of the luckiest players to get away with the domestic career he has had.
I've a feeling Mosehle might still get a go in T20s for non-cricketing reasons. But De Kock's place might not be as secure as we thought it once was.

And Klaasen seems to have recently started adding bowling to his repertoire...

Stefan9

International Debutant
Wet ball wouldn't have helped either. So this thrashing can be overlooked. The rain breaks definitely helped SA to a great extent.

But there are some pretty glaring weaknesses in our batting lineup, not putting up 330+ after that start was unforgivable. SA can easily get back into this series, they just need to dismiss Kohli and Dhawan early and there isn't much afterwards. Dhoni pottering about strugglng to strike at 100 is painful to watch these days...
Can't blame the wet ball if you chose to bowl second when rain is predicted and at a ground that is known to get dew....