• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Advantage RSA after seeing the XIs named and also winning the toss.

Man this thread is going to be popular compared to Ashes which is a new thread per Test.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is the dumbest possible series before which to drop Rahane. Pretty much the only conditions that he has a genuine huge utility edge in as a selection option over other seections.

I see him doing well in Australia too but a bunch of other Indian bats have the potential to similarly do well there.

**** this ****.

Kohli turning full HHH, getting into a position of authority, marrying upwards and immediately bringing out the shovel against guys who can foreseeablebly take his spot. :ph34r:
He's obviously still embarrassed about how Rahane rightfully usurped him and led us to a series win vs Australia when Kohli **** the bed.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Proven test bowlers dropped along with the best batsman outside Asia for Rohit ****ing Sharma. Hope I am proved wrong, but this is ****ing dire.
Don't like the bumrah selection one bit. Ishant and Yadav have been bowling well for the most part and are suited to the conditions. Why throw a debutant in?

And I know Rahane is in piss poor form but I'd have given him the first test atleast. Think Rohit will do well but damn, not what I expected.
Don't think Kohli thinks much of Ishant. Guy has barely played over the past year. And we all know Kohli loves Rohit over everyone..he would prefer Rohit over Pujara if he had his way but Pujara just shamed him with his runs

Last edited:

Daemon

I'm trembling with rage atm.

If I was Rahane/Ishant/Yadav I'd be majorly pissed off.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Advantage RSA after seeing the XIs named and also winning the toss.

Man this thread is going to be popular compared to Ashes which is a new thread per Test.
And it should be. Quality of cricket and contest should be much better.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I don't understand the rage, should Rahane have got one test? possibly, but he is in the worst form of his life and Rohit is in his best.

Should Umesh have played over Bumrah? possibly, but he is no steyn.

I'd call both of these marginal calls rather than any full blown Kohli gone nuts case.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Rahane is your best Test batsman outside of Asia. Rohit is not fit to lick his boots. Yes Rohit did blast a 200 recently, but that was not in whites.

OverratedSanity

Rohit over Rahane I can understand if not agree with.

But Bumrah over Ishant and Yadav is just insanity. 2 of our 5 bowlers have done virtually no bowling in their test match careers and they're thrown into a series in SA.