• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Typical quora :

Q) Where do you get affordable rented cars in Mumbai?

Top voted answer: First let us talk about Mumbai. I'll begin with a story from my IIT days...

vcs

Typical quora :

Top voted answer: First let us talk about Mumbai. I'll begin with a story from my IIT days...
LOL..I used to write quite a few answers on Quora once upon a time. Never got many upvotes though since they were mostly answers to specific Maths problems and the like. :D

Gave up the ghost eventually.

Typical Quora questions from Indians:

My son is two years old, is it too late to enrol him in IIT coaching classes?

I successfully wrote a Hello World program, will Google call me for an interview?

Why doesn't India drop nukes on Pakistan?

etc..

srbhkshk

International Captain
Typical quora :

I started with just two goats, now I have a fleet of mercedes and 5 wives, did all that in 3 days in spite of my 250 point IQ which has always hindered me in talking at parties.

Stefan9

International Debutant
I see dhawan is upset that emirates didn't give him give special treatment. How dare they demand his wife & kids produce identification before being allowed to board a plane...

Daemon

tbf they asked for the kids birth cert, not exactly something you keep on you while travelling..

However, since 1 June 2015, according to South African regulations, anyone travelling to the country with a minor under 18 needs to prove parenthood or guardianship - while adults travelling alone with their children need to show that they have the consent of their non-travelling partner.
Strange rule. Emirates obviously not to blame, although they should've probably communicated it when the tickets were purchased or something.

Last edited:

Stefan9

International Debutant
tbf they asked for the kids birth cert, not exactly something you keep on you while travelling..

Strange rule. Emirates obviously not to blame, although they should've probably communicated it when the tickets were purchased or something.
When traveling you should always have some form of identification. Whether it's a birth certificate/ID or passport. Not having anything is irresponsible on your side.

Its not Emirates job to check the regulations for Dhawan. Its his responsibility to make sure he complies with the rules of the country he wants to enter.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member

It is a new law/rule that came in about a year ago... caused some issues with people traveling with kids etc. But it was brought in because SA has a child trafficking problem as a doorway between Europe and the Rest of the World. SA has huge immigration control issues but it is pretty easy getting into and out of SA to Europe, for historical reasons.

When traveling you should always have some form of identification. Whether it's a birth certificate/ID or passport. Not having anything is irresponsible on your side.

Its not Emirates job to check the regulations for Dhawan. Its his responsibility to make sure he complies with the rules of the country he wants to enter.
While technically not their problem, normally the travel agent and/or airline tend to highlight these issues.

Last edited:

Stefan9

International Debutant
Travel agent sure but I have never had the airline help me with passport requirements. If dhawan wants to complain should be complaining to team India's logistics manager. Its between him and dhawan who has the responsible to insure his family's paper work is in order.

Daemon

Of course they had their passports. Just no birth cert I think.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Indians killed quora and will soon kill CW and the rest of the internet when the rest of the billion idiots get affordable access to the web in the next 5 years or so. Net neutrality can go **** itself... We're the biggest threat to the internet.
How many times do Indian posters even here, one of the better places online, barge into non-Indian cricket threads with an out of context reference to Indian cricket? Insecure ****s, the lot of them.

Or was that only the guy with honest in his name? Is he banned? I swear I haven't seen anyone put so much "effort" into their posts with such little recognition from fellow board members.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Of course they had their passports. Just no birth cert I think.
They didn't have the kids birth certificates which is identification for them. So point stands, they traveled without identification for their children which is the parents responsibility.

Daemon

I mean the kids had passports. That's enough in most countries I think. Don't blame them for not knowing the rules although it is pretty stupid of Dhawan to blame Emirates.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I mean the kids had passports. That's enough in most countries I think. Don't blame them for not knowing the rules although it is pretty stupid of Dhawan to blame Emirates.
Kids normally don't have their own passports (at least in SA) unless traveling by themselves, they are normally registered in their parents passport until they are 16 and have to get their own. Anyway as I said earlier it is an unusual requirements and has all to do with child trafficking. (Additionally you actually need a letter of permission from the 2nd parent if the child is only traveling with one of the parents.)

Daemon

India to cool for warm up games.

What hipsters
No point getting embarrassed in the warm ups then going on to lose the series. May as well save the lack of warm ups excuse for when we're 13-4 first morning in Cape Town.

Heboric

International Debutant
No point getting embarrassed in the warm ups then going on to lose the series. May as well save the lack of warm ups excuse for when we're 13-4 first morning in Cape Town.
Nah, the series will be very competitive