• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Dhawan over Rahul is a joke. On overseas tours, pick up batsmen who present a compact unit to the ball, not ****s like Dhawan who'll swing and flail and nick off.

Gob

International Coach
It's gonna be tough for Kohli's ego, been averaging in the high 70s for two years, yet got completely outshone in the head to head against Smith and now he's got a bunch of tough tours coming up and Smith's likely to pull further away from him. :laugh:
Smooteh has 4 tests in SA too

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
ugh, cringeworthy stuff.

As a neutral, quite looking forward to this test series. I hope they make really quick pitches. Would love to see the indian lineup facing up to the Saffer quicks on quick wickets. Should be a good contest
no it won't...although i am sure you would love it knowing it would be a massacre...:D

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
When has smali ever spoken straight? Have never seen him say what he thinks. Might be leaving myself open here for 'You are a ****.' >_>

Stefan9

International Debutant
Faf is demanding quick wickets for the indian series and slower seaming tracks for Aus. Made this clear during his dinner break interview yesterday.

Let's see if the groundsmen listen to his demands.

Burner

International Regular
Faf is demanding quick wickets for the indian series and slower seaming tracks for Aus. Made this clear during his dinner break interview yesterday.

Let's see if the groundsmen listen to his demands.
As a viewer, I think quick wickets for the Aus series would be a scintillating watch.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he might be developing it for LO cricket since he's been dropped. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him bowl it at all.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
The biggest leveler here would be if the Indian spinners can be effective on our pitches. AB might help to nullify things, but I still think they're their biggest threat.

Bahseph

State Captain
I don't expect surfaces that have too much in it for the spinners. Since Faf has been captain he has been very clear about what he wants. The first game in Cape Town could be Indias biggest chance to use their spin because of the drought and conditions there recently.

Spark

Global Moderator
One of the main criticism of Kohli is that he usually goes missing in tough conditions. But in hypothetical scenario, if he were to have a godly series in SA like one of the recent home series against SL or England, then will it completely reduce the gap between him and Smith?

Because there are certain qualities that are unique only to Kohli; like scoring big hundreds and if he does that in SA, then I don't think he will have anything to prove for the time being.
I don't think any batsman could do anything to reduce the gap between them and someone averaging 10 runs an innings more than them in one series.

The pitches on the last Aus tour weren't exactly super-fast and bouncy IIRC. In fact they were pretty slow-ish and flat with iffy bounce, but the quality of the bowling on both sides was so exceptional that it covered over that to some extent. Probably the highest-quality series in ages from a bowling POV. Only Philander and (I think) Siddle had meh series as quicks.

Last edited:

vcs

I don't think any batsman could do anything to reduce the gap between them and someone averaging 10 runs an innings more than them in one series.

The pitches on the last Aus tour weren't exactly super-fast and bouncy IIRC. In fact they were pretty slow-ish and flat with iffy bounce, but the quality of the bowling on both sides was so exceptional that it covered over that to some extent. Probably the highest-quality series in ages from a bowling POV. Only Philander and (I think) Siddle had meh series as quicks.
I think the 2nd Test was a slow-ish wicket where Steyn blew Australia away with reverse swing late on day 4, the other two looked like typical fast bouncy SA pitches to me.

Really was such a good series, wish SA and Australia would play 4 match series.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
I think the 2nd Test was a slow-ish wicket where Steyn blew Australia away with reverse swing late on day 4, the other two looked like typical fast bouncy SA pitches to me.

Really was such a good series, wish SA and Australia would play 4 match series.
It is for the tour coming up.

But seems back to 3 in the future.

vcs

Better to just ignore anything that the Indian press/pundits say in the buildup, unless it is purely for amusement purposes.

It will be weird on here though, most Indian fans will be happier than others to see Steyn at his best and destroying our lineup. :D

Definitely the most universally loved cricketer on CW.

Last edited: