• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What should be changed in Cricket?

Howe_zat

Audio File
1. Two balls are involved, but one belongs to the umpires, who throw the ball to each other continuously. Interfering with the umpire ball is a method of dismissal

2. Golf ball replaces cricket ball. Bats replaced with golf clubs. Physios replaced by caddies.

3. Play indoors with a low ceiling and lots of places for the ball to get stuck. Each team has one 10m ladder and must field as normal.

4. Mum's rules match. No one is allowed to play until they have completed their homework, done the washing up and put on a nice warm jumper.

5. Geopolitical knowledge match. Any wickets taken do not count until the bowler can name the opposition country's capital, currency, official language and three dominant socioeconomic issues.

6. Closed roof, no lights. Players are only allowed to use the lights on the back of their iPhones.

7. Every time Shane Warne opens his mouth he is to be hit in the face with a spade.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Two balls are involved, but one belongs to the umpires, who throw the ball to each other continuously. Interfering with the umpire ball is a method of dismissal

2. Golf ball replaces cricket ball. Bats replaced with golf clubs. Physios replaced by caddies.

3. Play indoors with a low ceiling and lots of places for the ball to get stuck when kicked. Each team has one 10m ladder and must field as normal.

4. Mum's rules match. No one is allowed to play until they have completed their homework, done the washing up and put on a nice warm jumper.

5. Geopolitical knowledge match. Any wickets taken do not count until the bowler can name the opposition country's capital, currency, official language and three dominant socioeconomic issues.

6. Closed roof, no lights. Players are only allowed to use the lights on the back of their iPhones.

7. Every time Shane Warne opens his mouth he is to be hit in the face with a spade.
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cri...unlikely-ideas-you-want-see-one-off-test.html

Particularly liked:
9. Motorbike cricket. Same rules as normal except all players - bat, bowl, field - are on motorbikes.
But your number 7 is the easiest to practically implement.

Bijed

International Regular

3. Play indoors with a low ceiling and lots of places for the ball to get stuck when kicked. Each team has one 10m ladder and must field as normal.

Didn't realise you were employed by Cricket Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we put uncovered wickets back in place a lot of people would be shocked at the amount of 'all time greats' who are not actually very good batsmen compared to days of olde! Every series would be basically the 2015 Ashes on steroids.

- reduce all of the pointless bilateral rubbish. I just noticed the NZ v WI series has two tests and about a million limited overs matches. If all of the latter were scrapped we could have had another test or two. The 2018 English fixture is packed with meaningless Australian one-days during high summer, with the Indian test series shunted to the autumn. Even this upcoming Ashes has a load of ****** one-dayers chucked on the end.
I think great players will be great players even if they had to play on uncovered wickets, because they tend to adapt. You’d still have the disparity beteeen them and average players

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the thing which South Africa faced in 1992 World Cup. Well some of the quotes from cricketers on DLS method:-

MS Dhoni - ''I don't think even ICC understands Duckworth Lewis."

Stephen Fleming - “There's a real anomaly in Duckworth-Lewis, it is rubbish for Twenty20.”

Shaun Pollock - "The first time I saw a Duckworth-Lewis sheet - well, to be honest, I can't remember. Duckworth and Lewis certainly aren't on my Christmas card list."
Most people don't understand the technical aspects of how a smart phone works, how we stream videos online, or the inner mechanism of a metro train engine. But we all use them as they are hugely beneficial to us.

Cricketers are not technical people, nor are the fans. DLS is a mathematical process which is beyond the comprehension of most people. But as explained, just because we don't understand how it works does not mean it is not beneficial.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
What should be changed according to you in cricket?
Schedules should be done in a way to allow for a minimum of 2 x four day warm up games. Strict rules should be implemented to make sure the home cricket board provides proper home conditions in those warm up games.

Teams should in general always arrive at least a month or more before an away test series. This is more at the board level and one would hope that boards would be motivated enough to arrange this.

The current era of home advantage in Test cricket is extremely exciting to watch but what makes a series more exciting is when away teams manage to surpass expectations and adapt to foreign conditions through proper planning, preparation and adequate warm up games example Australia in India 2017, Pakistan in England 2016.

SillyCowCorner1

Bring back fans storming the field after the winning run is scored/last wicket down.

And collecting the stumps as souvenirs

Bijed

International Regular
It was a '/s' post
Ah, my bad. In my defence, people sometimes have some interesting opinions on here, so I couldn't be sure :)

On a sort of related note, red cards are a thing now, aren't they? Or are they only being talked about still?

Last edited:

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Aggers was promoting having players names on their whites in Tests on ABC..

Thoughts gents?

I think I would be ok with that.

TNT

Banned
Visiting team to choose to bat or field first. Hopefully this will entice more even wickets.................Shorten lunch to 30 mins and increase tea to 30 mins...............Teams have two balls at start of innings and can change them around as they wish. replace one or both after 160 overs if requested.

Last edited:

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Aggers was promoting having players names on their whites in Tests on ABC..

Thoughts gents?

I think I would be ok with that.
If the New York Yankees refuse to have names on the backs of their jerseys for traditional reasons, I'm sure Test cricket can resist the urge too.

TheJediBrah

Visiting team to choose to bat or field first. Hopefully this will entice more even wickets.................Shorten lunch to 30 mins and increase tea to 30 mins...............Teams have two balls at start of innings and can change them around as they wish. replace one or both after 160 overs if requested.
I would like this purely on the grounds that it would help us when we play away, but not really make much as much difference when we play at home