• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2017

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor and Kitchen not finding timing or boundary at all so far. We seem to really lack players that can hit from ball one.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Well, good to see Phillips have a fine all-round game. Wonder if he might get a go in the one-day side this summer but I suppose I shouldn't be holding my breath.

Glad that a couple of wicketkeeping options have emerged this year (helped of course by Ronchi retiring), and there seems to be some depth in slow bowling options in the white-ball forms at least.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Finally got around to watching a recording of today's game. Fantastic to see Phillips do so well with the bat (after a slow start) and gloves, and nice debut by Rance. Disappointing showing from WI.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, a test played now at the mount would be a total hit I reckon, don’t know why they haven’t given that a go.
Alternate a New Year's test every three years between Queenstown (don't know what's happened to games there), Nelson and the Mount. Dec 29 - Jan 2 (could still keep the Boxing Day ODI because if we have a Boxing Day test it will always be a poor cousin to the Aussies and South Africans). Have a NY's test at scenic spots

Blain

U19 Captain
I think the speed gun would have a better idea. He was regularly around 135kph, which seems bang on IMO.

How the f*ck is Kitchen in the squad, when a guy 10 years younger with twice the potential in Chapman not there? Has form too, Kitchen hasn't done much this season at all? I just don't get it, what's the reason for his selection anyone know?

Immenso

I think the speed gun would have a better idea. He was regularly around 135kph, which seems bang on IMO.

How the f*ck is Kitchen in the squad, when a guy 10 years younger with twice the potential in Chapman not there? Has form too, Kitchen hasn't done much this season at all? I just don't get it, what's the reason for his selection anyone know?
The reason for his selection is that Gav Larsen also made his international debut late in life.

I think Kitchen is a good player though, good to watch. But, yeah ....

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

Larsen mentioned somewhere that they wanted someone who could bowl as well.

But yes, I find it very strange.