• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2017

Flem274*

123/5
batting well then falling short is peak tastle
He is evolving to become a good no. 6 now. ...fascinating what even a semi-stable batting order can do where people know where they'll be batting for next 20 matches...expect Latham, Munro and Nicholls to grow from here if they are persisted at 5, 1 and 6 respectively
:laugh:you're all over the place

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Astle bowls well again today, they'll certainly be some pressure on Santner
The Santner thing is a bit weird in general. He's not actually being rested -- he's in the squad but just not being picked. I don't know if I'd really call it a dropping because I think they're just "having a look" at Astle rather than really having dropped Santner, but I think it's a bit beyond 'pressure on' now. He might just not get back in the side if Astle cements a position.

I find this pretty strange because he's been really good in ODIs and if I were looking to replace him with Astle in a format it'd be Tests, but this is how it's fallen.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i don't think astle will cement a position based on a couple of games against a gayle-less windies
Right, this would be true if Santner was injured or rested. But with him just being left out for seemingly no good reason it leaves it up in the air a bit, IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Actually, apparently he was injured ("shoulder niggle") despite being reported as simply "left out" by cricinfo and Sky, so you can disregard everything I said.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
The good reason would possibly be the Windies' atrocious record in LOIs in the last 12 months against the two Khans? As silly as it is to lump Tastle's deceptive tricks into their echelon.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd noticed Kitchen was playing pretty well, but I certainly didn't never saw a call-up going his way. Good on him.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Ferguson by the sounds of it is doing exactly what he's been selected to do. Fair to say he's an improved bowler from a year ago? This time last year against Australia he seemed to have stamina issues.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Superb from Boult. Richly deserved. I waa one of those who felt he was lucky to be in the World Cup squad, but he he's been terrific ever since. Unlike Southee he's gotten better and better at the shorter forms while maintaining his test standards for the most part.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wasn't able to watch today due to Xmas events. What an absolute towelling. Some good average-boosting for Nicholls and Lovely Trenty.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Ferguson by the sounds of it is doing exactly what he's been selected to do. Fair to say he's an improved bowler from a year ago? This time last year against Australia he seemed to have stamina issues.
yeah he hasn't cracked 150kph again but his pace is much more consistent throughout later spells. Keeping in the early-mid 140s with the occasional one a bit quicker.