• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2017

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Sat Nov 25 - Mon Nov 27 11:00 local (22:00 GMT -1d | 09:00 AEDT | 08:30 ACDT | 06:00 AWST)
New Zealand A v West Indies
Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln

Fri Dec 1 - Tue Dec 5 11:00 local (22:00 GMT -1d | 09:00 AEDT | 08:30 ACDT | 06:00 AWST)
1st Test - New Zealand v West Indies
Basin Reserve, Wellington

Sat Dec 9 - Wed Dec 13 11:00 local (22:00 GMT -1d | 09:00 AEDT | 08:30 ACDT | 06:00 AWST)
2nd Test - New Zealand v West Indies
Seddon Park, Hamilton

Wed Dec 20 (50 ovs) 11:00 local (22:00 GMT -1d | 09:00 AEDT | 08:30 ACDT | 06:00 AWST)
1st ODI - New Zealand v West Indies
Cobham Oval (New), Whangarei

Sat Dec 23 (50 ovs) 11:00 local (22:00 GMT -1d | 09:00 AEDT | 08:30 ACDT | 06:00 AWST)
2nd ODI - New Zealand v West Indies
Hagley Oval, Christchurch

Tue Dec 26 (50 ovs) 11:00 local (22:00 GMT -1d | 09:00 AEDT | 08:30 ACDT | 06:00 AWST)
3rd ODI - New Zealand v West Indies
Hagley Oval, Christchurch

Fri Dec 29 (20 ovs) 15:00 local (02:00 GMT | 13:00 AEDT | 12:30 ACDT | 10:00 AWST)
1st T20I - New Zealand v West Indies
Saxton Oval, Nelson

Mon Jan 1, 2018 (20 ovs) 19:00 local (06:00 GMT | 17:00 AEDT | 16:30 ACDT | 14:00 AWST)
2nd T20I - New Zealand v West Indies
Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui

Wed Jan 3, 2018 (20 ovs) 19:00 local (06:00 GMT | 17:00 AEDT | 16:30 ACDT | 14:00 AWST)
3rd T20I - New Zealand v West Indies
Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm going to cautiously back NZ for 2-0 in the tests, but given WI's credible showing in England and NZ's lack of test cricket over the past year, I think it'll be a lot closer than the last tour in 2013/14. ODI's and T20's both 2-1 to NZ.

NZ Test XI presumably to be:

Latham, Raval, KW, Taylor, Nicholls, Watling/Blundell, de G, Santner, Southee, Wagner, Boult

In a vacuum Bennett and Ryder would've both probably forced their way in, but we all know Southee isn't going to lose his place (especially after a statistically strong season last summer), and no more needs to be said about Jesse.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
BLACKCAPS name Test squad | Pace trio in NZ A squad
BLACKCAPS (one to be added)

Kane Williamson (c) - Northern Districts
Trent Boult - Northern Districts
Colin de Grandhomme - Auckland Aces
Matt Henry - Canterbury
Tom Latham - Canterbury
Henry Nicholls - Canterbury
Jeet Raval - Auckland Aces
Mitchell Santner - Northern Districts
Tim Southee - Northern Districts
Ross Taylor - Central Stags
Neil Wagner - Otago Volts
BJ Watling* - Northern Districts

New Zealand A

Martin Guptill (c) - Auckland Aces
Todd Astle - Canterbury
Tom Blundell - Wellington Firebirds
Neil Broom - Otago Volts
Tom Bruce - Central Stags
Lockie Ferguson - Auckland Aces
Scott Kuggeleijn - Northern Districts
Adam Milne - Central Stags
Colin Munro - Auckland Aces
Jeet Raval - Auckland Aces
George Worker - Central Stags

Not considered due to injury – Seth Rance, Dean Brownlie

While still named in the squad, the availability of wicketkeeper BJ Watling for the BLACKCAPS Test on 1 December is in question due to a hip injury. Watling will be monitored and evaluated over the coming week.
The XI has picked itself, especially when a couple of question marks in Nicholls and CDG performed well at the end of last season.

Picking 1-0 NZ with rain curtailing the other.

Interested to see who does well in the A match too.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I keep looking for Bennett’s name, why can’t I see it!?!
I see he's been cleaning up in recent Plunket games, and against some of our international players too.

He's also been unlucky not to get more ODI games in the last year or so, was one of the best performed in that Ireland/Bangers series a few months back.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I still have the pip with NZ cricket for reducing our Test volume to this ludicrous level, so finding it hard to get pumped up for this one...

I'm sure she'll be different come the eve of the 1st test though, but jeez, what is it 4 test this whole home summer?... including just 2 for what should be a marquee English Tour.

I still have the schedule page saved which shows the Windies tour as 3 tests, before they swapped it for a damn meaningless T20

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

Man I missed him bowling against India in that test completely. Anyone want him to replace Southee?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh:

Man I missed him bowling against India in that test completely. Anyone want him to replace Southee?
No one in the selectors camp. And tbf, Southee had a good year in tests last season (statistically speaking at least). Not really a strong basis for dropping him in the longer form.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I still have the pip with NZ cricket for reducing our Test volume to this ludicrous level, so finding it hard to get pumped up for this one...

I'm sure she'll be different come the eve of the 1st test though, but jeez, what is it 4 test this whole home summer?... including just 2 for what should be a marquee English Tour.

I still have the schedule page saved which shows the Windies tour as 3 tests, before they swapped it for a damn meaningless T20
Didn't David White say something along the lines of "tweaking the schedule so it's more along the lines of the Test Championship"? I guess that's basically CEO speak for "not seeing test cricket as financially viable".

I'll go with 1-0 to NZ. Home advantage should be enough but Windies have had some enocuraging results in the last year and a half; Roach fit and bowling well again has sharpened up their attack.

Beamer

Really excited about the test series, gutted that it's only 2. My head says 2-0 to NZ in two tight matches, my heart says 1-1 as we have won at least one test in our last 3 away series.

I'm really looking forward to seeing our batsmen in NZ conditions. I get the impression the England tour was huge for their development, but as the tracks in Zimbabwe were slow and low even compared to our pitches, that theory is yet to be tested. This is a big tour for the following:

- Jermaine Blackwood: He has had some horrible dismissals since having a promising start to the England tour. He can't continue to play like this and keep his place. He needs runs and to show a little bit of responsibility.

- Kieron Powell: Has now looked really good in his last 5/6 innings. Now is the time to get a hundred on the board and cement his place. A bad tour and he will be under pressure again.

- Shimron Hetmeyer/Sunil Ambris: One of these two will probably bat at 3 in place of Kyle Hope. Both have scored runs against Domestic and A team attacks and deserve their chance, Both look excellent. Here's hoping they perform.

- Shane Dowrich: Century in his last innings but a horror run before that. He looked like one of our best prospects before the England tour, let's hope he does well here.

- Devendra Bishoo: He keeps taking wickets in favorable conditions but lacks control when it doesn't turn square. He needs to hold up his end here and prove he can also bowl well outside of the Caribbean, Zimbabwe and Asia. We have no shortage of spinners putting up there hand again this year and Cornwall has lost a lot of weight.

New Zealand are a really solid side and this should be a good test of our progress. Win another test here and I'll truly believe good things are coming our way.

As for the 50 overs stuff, we'll get hammered I imagine. We just have no clue. We should win the T20s though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Me too, though am looking forward to it regardless. Weather not a great bet this early in the season either though.

I keep looking for Bennett’s name, why can’t I see it!?!
Ferguson and Kuggeleijn as the other seamers have taken a lot of domestic wickets, but Milne is lucky to make that NZ A side in place of Bennett, under the 'one day he'll click' clause.

If there was an NZ A one-day match then I'd expect Bennett to be in that.

Chewie

I think the NZ A team was named before the most recent FC round and perhaps the one before that as well?