• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2018

SeamUp

International Coach
Finn Allen has mixed up a nice range of strokes. Allowed the ball to come to him when needed to, some lovely sweeps and hits the ball hard in front of the wicket.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not just Afghanistan but Pakistan are big age cheats as well.India used to be age cheats back in the day but not now
Yes, Hong Kong as well. Shameful.

There was an ACC U-15 tournament once where every single team was banned besides Kuwait and Singapore. They went straight to the finals and we won lol. Best.

Firebreaker

Banned

There was an ACC U-15 tournament once where every single team was banned besides Kuwait and Singapore. They went straight to the finals and we won lol. Best.
When I played for UAE U17,There were some genuinely under 17 players who had been born in UAE but some of the guys who came from sub continent didn't really look u19

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

All the other teams obviously needed to cheat to even compete against the might of Singapore and Kuwait.

And seriously if you lost that final it would've been one of the all-time great fails. I'm a massive associate/affiliate cricket nerd and not even I know anything about Kuwait cricket.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All the other teams obviously needed to cheat to even compete against the might of Singapore and Kuwait.

And seriously if you lost that final it would've been one of the all-time great fails. I'm a massive associate/affiliate cricket nerd and not even I know anything about Kuwait cricket.
I've just looked it up again and we didn't go straight to the finals. They played all the matches before announcing the results of the bone tests.

We actually lost to Kuwait in the group stages :laugh:

Howsie

International Captain
Watson runs in sooo slow. Crazy. Ravindra reminds me of Vettori, he obviously has studied the action! Can't believe he isn't in the Firebirds squad already. Fisher has good pace.
What sort of pace was he working up?

Tec15

First Class Debutant
The likes of PNG, Fiji, etc. are such a waste of time in the U-19 World Cup. So much worse then other associates. Nepal and even Scotland are so much better and are missing out. The Pacific region does not deserve an automatic slot in the World Cup. They should be made to playoff with the second best placed Asian and European sides in order to qualify. Wouldn't get through then.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Afg v Pak -
https://www.icc-cricket.com/video/591668

First sighting for me of Qais Ahmed at 0.48 there. The leggie who technically kept Rashid Khan out of this squad; coach Andy Moles making a specific request for Rashid to come back and try to win the whole tourney, the ACB declining it because Rashid isn't actually...I mean, because they really rate Qais too. They've also come up with a new rule that there'll be just one U19 WC appearance per player for them, from now on.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Harry Tector with a 104 (team total 247) against England in a warm-up on Tuesday, if it's caught your eye and you're wondering whether Ireland's batting pipeline are really **** enough for someone to be at $2.87.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The likes of PNG, Fiji, etc. are such a waste of time in the U-19 World Cup. So much worse then other associates. Nepal and even Scotland are so much better and are missing out. The Pacific region does not deserve an automatic slot in the World Cup. They should be made to playoff with the second best placed Asian and European sides in order to qualify. Wouldn't get through then.
Yeah, the Americas as well IMO; Canada would probably get ironed out by the second placed European side in most cycles. The problem with making teams qualify in this manner would be logistics, I'd think. It's probably already a hard sell to get everyone available to go to a random country for a few weeks to play cricket given the age of the players and the lack of money involved for them; it'd be an even harder sell if they thought they might only be able to play one qualifying game and then go back home if they lost it.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Watched the whole of our innings yesterday and the first 90 minutes of New Zealand's. I was very impressed with Fisher bowling at 141kph top speed wit an average speed of 135 kph, that's the same pace as Rabada and Joseph (the standout quicks of the last 2 world cups) were bowling. I'll definitely keep an eye out for him. Allen was also an aextremely clean striker of the ball. 2 very good prospects are all you really need to compete at an Under 19 WC so I'd suggest that NZ are in with a shout for once at Under 19 level.

Our lot didn't surprise me a huge amount apart from the fact that the three most heralded in Kallicharan, Yadram and Stewart did absolutely nothing. Word is that this years squad is strong in batting but very weak in bowling. I think this match showed that already. Melius looked seriously good, I can't believe he has only been playing cricket for 4 years. He looks such a natural and has just turned 17. I hope for big things from him. Keegan Simmons looks like a proper batsman too I must say. Perhaps not ideally suited for One Day cricket but he is certainly an excellent longer format player.

Fielding was dreadful also, which was one thing the last squad were brilliant at.

Last edited:

Nicolas Tector

Cricket Spectator
Ireland u19s 97/2 in 27(48) overs vs Sri Lanka u19s.

Extremely happy that snail Morgan topping got out. Scored 7 off 23. :wacko:

Ireland overall isn't playing it like limited overs game either. Too slow. Must score 140+ in the remaining overs.