• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2018

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Allen really looks a cut above the rest of this U19 side - including Ravindra.
He's looked the better batsman but I definitely wouldn't say he was a "cut above" Ravindra as a player overall. Even on batting alone I think the difference is clear without actually being huge.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Allen really looks a cut above the rest of this U19 side - including Ravindra. Hope to see him get a few ODI games for Auckland this season.
He's got class, I wouldn't say he's a cut above Ravindra - Ravindra is a different sort of player. Less shots, Finn has more but you could argue Ravindra is better placed to be an FC batsmen given he knows and has honed/restricted his game a bit more.

But there's a very smart head on Allen's shoulders, surprised he wasn't captain of the national U19 side. Even more impressed now I know he worked with MD Crowe. Has already been exposed to the Aces in the T20 comp last year, they'll no doubt look to get him involved again. Great prospect, as I've said for a while there's a lot of batting talent coming through Auckland with bugger all bowling (although Ben Lister looks OK).

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What does Gill's batting look like? Does he fish outside the off-stump?

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
He's got class, I wouldn't say he's a cut above Ravindra - Ravindra is a different sort of player. Less shots, Finn has more but you could argue Ravindra is better placed to be an FC batsmen given he knows and has honed/restricted his game a bit more.

But there's a very smart head on Allen's shoulders, surprised he wasn't captain of the national U19 side. Even more impressed now I know he worked with MD Crowe. Has already been exposed to the Aces in the T20 comp last year, they'll no doubt look to get him involved again. Great prospect, as I've said for a while there's a lot of batting talent coming through Auckland with bugger all bowling (although Ben Lister looks OK).
I guess you make a very good point. Glad to have both these playing at the same time. On a good day these guys are going to challenge the best. Every time we work out quality of a player we need to remember not to base on a single tourney. One Mr.Kane Williamson and Steve Smith had no 50s against them in the U19 WC 2008. They haven't done badly though. I think NZ have about 4 or 5 good quality players that can go on to play some good cricket for the country in the years to come. I'm always worried about players coming from my home town Wellington. We seem to do a very bad job by not nurturing properly. Our player contribution over the last decade to black caps hasn't been great. I just hope they don't mess up this time around.

I think for someone like Ravindra they need to move him to middle order given he's capable of bowling full quota of overs. It's tough bowling day in day out particularly when he relies on strong action bowling in the death and also open the inning.

Despite the results nzc should be fairly happy they have few players to work with and make them good success.

SeamUp

International Coach
Bangladesh in the **** and their class batsman comes in at 5 and 2 of his first 3 scoring shots are the most arrogant 6s. Love it.

nzfan

The aussies are going all right here 155/4 after 33. Not sure how good their lower order batting is but if it's any good they can post 250+ easily. Aussie bowling is quite disciplined. Jason Sangha hasn't gone well in the 19s. He scored a hundy against a full England attack couple of months ago.

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
you are right in your doubts, they are gonna be at least 50 runs short...no matching India here, they are the deserving winners...

nzfan

The last 20 overs aussies have played very bad cricket. Soft dismissals, bowling both sides of wicket, full tosses, wides, no balls and India were tentative than usual with the bat but they havent been tested.