• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2018

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't back many U19 teams to chase down 300.

Generally the lower orders are the weaker links in an age restricted talent pool, and just down have the games to operate under pressure v some of the top players from the opposition.
Yeah this, plus knowing how to construct a chase at the right pace.

... and now NZ's best batsman run out for a duck. Ah well.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Match is probably gone, but I'd love to see one of these two, or Clarke or Philips, do something big and score a century against what seems to be a very good bowling attack (though I'm not watching).

Athlai

Not Terrible
To cheer myself up about this thrashing i'm going to check out some HK youth cricketers and figure out which one we'll poach next

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
You do have to wonder how Afghanistan could drop a game against Ireland when the latter haven't looked remotely competitive against anyone else and are currently struggling against the might of Papua New Guinea.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You do have to wonder how Afghanistan could drop a game against Ireland when the latter haven't looked remotely competitive against anyone else and are currently struggling against the might of Papua New Guinea.
The mens team for Afghanistan also have a losing record against Ireland in ODIs. But a winning record against Zimbabwe.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Ireland were competitive v Windies in their plate QF. Hence part of my hunch NZ's pool was deceptively weak.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I haven't really been following this tournament, but does everyone get a prize wrt playing finals?

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
NZ U 19’s recent performances at Junior WC’s have been disappointing. At least this group reached the Q/F’s where inevitably they met a quality side. Today NZ looked out of their depth .Men against boys.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
NZ U 19’s recent performances at Junior WC’s have been disappointing. At least this group reached the Q/F’s where inevitably they met a quality side. Today NZ looked out of their depth .Men against boys.
Probably cos most of the Afghani players are in their mid 20's and faked their ID's. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Credit to a mate of mine who told me on good authority that the Afghans would do us by 200 runs.. And this was prior to the toss.

NZ might have feared better had they lost that game against SA and played Pakistan instead.