• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

C&G - Minor Counties Cup Final

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
The C&G Trophy on May 5th is the chance for 'Minor Counties' such as Devon, Norfolk or Staffordshire to try their luck against the big boys of english cricket.

Devon play Leicestershire at Exmouth CC
Dorset play Yorkshire in Dorset

Is there ever a case for a Minor County to play in the top flight??

For those who like their cricket local then check out:

www.southwestcricket.com - News, Interviews, plus Club Cricketer Diary

I cover county cricket in Dorset, Devon, Cornwall & Somerset and it's never dull. Somerset await Ricky Ponting for his six week spell while Jamie Cox fills his shoes for now. The english press is filled with news of potential reform in the county game, regional cricket, three division cricket, it could all be happening but for now sit back and enjoy the potential rumblings of a new transfer system for this summer in England...long live English cricket!!

oh, and who decide to play 7 one day internationals - excessive surely?? it's the first time I can ever remember the domestic season starting with the national team still away.

John at www.southwestcricket.com

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
jf2001 said:
The C&G Trophy on May 5th is the chance for 'Minor Counties' such as Devon, Norfolk or Staffordshire to try their luck against the big boys of english cricket.

Devon play Leicestershire at Exmouth CC
Dorset play Yorkshire in Dorset

Is there ever a case for a Minor County to play in the top flight??

For those who like their cricket local then check out:

www.southwestcricket.com - News, Interviews, plus Club Cricketer Diary

I cover county cricket in Dorset, Devon, Cornwall & Somerset and it's never dull. Somerset await Ricky Ponting for his six week spell while Jamie Cox fills his shoes for now. The english press is filled with news of potential reform in the county game, regional cricket, three division cricket, it could all be happening but for now sit back and enjoy the potential rumblings of a new transfer system for this summer in England...long live English cricket!!

oh, and who decide to play 7 one day internationals - excessive surely?? it's the first time I can ever remember the domestic season starting with the national team still away.

John at www.southwestcricket.com

I think 7 one dayers is fine.
Its just strange how they couldnt have started the test series a week earlier to give an extra week to play them in. Back to back one dayers is always a dodgy idea both for player fatigue and also if one gets rained off its almost certainly gonna cost both games.