• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Saeed Ajmal to Retire

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He played 113 ODIs, picking up 184 wickets at an average of 22.72 with a strike rate of 32.6.

In T20Is, 85 wickets in 64 matches.

That's something.

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
A little troubled to see so called cricket fans being such hypocrites. Is it because he did not belong to their national side or is of the wrong tone?

I did not see this kind of talk about Warne ever even after being a confirmed drug cheat and even after CA tried to hide away with his bookie dealings.

Bottom line is, Ajmal was cleared with an action due to his medical condition, that medical exemption was revoked with the rule change (if it had happened a generation earlier, Murali and Akhtar would have had very short careers). While he bowled, and did so within the rules, he was the best offy around and the 3rd best ever imho after Murali and Saq.

To degrade him is to make a mockery of yourselves as "fans" and to be ignorant of the facts.

Shri

Mr. Glass
A little troubled to see so called cricket fans being such hypocrites. Is it because he did not belong to their national side or is of the wrong tone?

I did not see this kind of talk about Warne ever even after being a confirmed drug cheat and even after CA tried to hide away with his bookie dealings.

Bottom line is, Ajmal was cleared with an action due to his medical condition, that medical exemption was revoked with the rule change (if it had happened a generation earlier, Murali and Akhtar would have had very short careers). While he bowled, and did so within the rules, he was the best offy around and the 3rd best ever imho after Murali and Saq.

To degrade him is to make a mockery of yourselves as "fans" and to be ignorant of the facts.
You make it sound like we are all throwing around unfounded accusations.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year

Jeez, don't get all bent out of shape.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like how Ajmal's medical condition meant that he had his elbow markedly bent as his arm was coming over and almost straight at the point of delivery.

The tests which cleared him were done in 2009 and it's not inconceivable that his action deteriorated since then. When he was finally banned he was found to be extending an average of about 40°. That's not even close to the legal threshold. I dread to think what the maximum was.

I wonder who was worse: him or Tony Lock?

Gnske

I like how Ajmal's medical condition meant that he had his elbow markedly bent as his arm was coming over and almost straight at the point of delivery.

The tests which cleared him were done in 2009 and it's not inconceivable that his action deteriorated since then. When he was finally banned he was found to be extending an average of about 40°. That's not even close to the legal threshold. I dread to think what the maximum was.

I wonder who was worse: him or Tony Lock?
That POS Murali, hard arse that he was. A fella who would bend before he broke.

cnerd123

likes this
This thread exceeds the limits of what I've come to expect from CW. Sure we all love clever wordplay, but is this the only angle we want to approach this news from? Surely we aren't going to just chuck away everything Ajmal has accomplished in his career simply because by the end his action became a bit ragged. The man has earned a degree of respect. He was a vital cog in one of the strongest Pakistan side's we've seen, and a throwback to an older era by being a professional, mild mannered, humble yet exceptionally talented cricketer.

To simply reduce his career to a mere sequence of puns is disappointing and you should all be ashamed. Bunch of tossers.

TheJediBrah

Can't tell if this post is serious or not

Daemon

his record should be erased completely, with the exception of that series where he rekt England

vcs

Shame he was elbowed out of the game by the rule changes, and never managed to straighten things out.

Gnske

This thread exceeds the limits of what I've come to expect from CW. Sure we all love clever wordplay, but is this the only angle we want to approach this news from? Surely we aren't going to just chuck away everything Ajmal has accomplished in his career simply because by the end his action became a bit ragged. The man has earned a degree of respect. He was a vital cog in one of the strongest Pakistan side's we've seen, and a throwback to an older era by being a professional, mild mannered, humble yet exceptionally talented cricketer.

To simply reduce his career to a mere sequence of puns is disappointing and you should all be ashamed. Bunch of tossers.
It's sickening, it's not funny to mock a man who has accomplished so much.