• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India 2017

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
The rematch!

Sat Nov 11 - Sun Nov 12 09:30 local (04:00 GMT | 15:00 AEDT | 14:30 ACDT | 12:00 AWST)
Indian Board President's XI v Sri Lanka Jadavpur University Campus 2nd Ground, Kolkata LIVE

Thu Nov 16 - Mon Nov 20 09:30 local (04:00 GMT | 15:00 AEDT | 14:30 ACDT | 12:00 AWST)
1st Test - India v Sri Lanka Eden Gardens, Kolkata LIVE

Fri Nov 24 - Tue Nov 28 09:30 local (04:00 GMT | 15:00 AEDT | 14:30 ACDT | 12:00 AWST)
2nd Test - India v Sri Lanka Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur LIVE

Sat Dec 2 - Wed Dec 6 09:30 local (04:00 GMT | 15:00 AEDT | 14:30 ACDT | 12:00 AWST)
3rd Test - India v Sri Lanka Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi LIVE

Sun Dec 10 (50 ovs) 13:30 local (08:00 GMT | 19:00 AEDT | 18:30 ACDT | 16:00 AWST)
1st ODI - India v Sri Lanka Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala LIVE D/N

Wed Dec 13 (50 ovs) 13:30 local (08:00 GMT | 19:00 AEDT | 18:30 ACDT | 16:00 AWST)
2nd ODI - India v Sri Lanka Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali, Chandigarh LIVE D/N

Sun Dec 17 (50 ovs) 13:30 local (08:00 GMT | 19:00 AEDT | 18:30 ACDT | 16:00 AWST)
3rd ODI - India v Sri Lanka Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam LIVE D/N

Wed Dec 20 (20 ovs) 19:00 local (13:30 GMT | 00:30 AEDT 1d | 00:00 ACDT 1d | 21:30 AWST)
1st T20I - India v Sri Lanka Barabati Stadium, Cuttack LIVE N

Fri Dec 22 (20 ovs) 19:00 local (13:30 GMT | 00:30 AEDT 1d | 00:00 ACDT 1d | 21:30 AWST)
2nd T20I - India v Sri Lanka Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore LIVE N

Sun Dec 24 (20 ovs) 19:00 local (13:30 GMT | 00:30 AEDT 1d | 00:00 ACDT 1d | 21:30 AWST)
3rd T20I - India v Sri Lanka Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai LIVE N

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, Jadavpur University must have some amazing sports facilities if their 2nd Ground is used by international teams for warmup matches.

Can't wait for this series to start

said no one, ever

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will this be better or worse than the series just gone? Hard to believe it could be worse, but I'm not sure anyone thought that it would be quite that bad last time.

Despite SL beating Pakistan I'm going for 2-0 or 3-0 India.

OverratedSanity

Can see Pujara and Kohli piling up a billion runs this series. Hope Vijay gets some form back and Rahane does well at home for once.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
If India win they will equal England's 1884-1892 and Australia's 2005-2008, record for 9 successive series victories. I'll be sort of sad to see this record be equaled in such a fashion, not because I think the current, near-great Indian side is undeserving of such a record but that India would have played 9 test series exclusively in the subcontinent and the West Indies on slow tracks. The Australian streak at least includes victories in a variety of away conditions: Caribbean, Bangladesh and South Africa.

If India do win, it does set up a huge clash with South Africa though, which will determine whether India can go one better. That will be a huge indication of where this Indian side sits in the pantheon.

In terms of Sri Lanka, if they win, it would be an equal upset to the 2014 series in England. If they are any chance Matthews will need to somehow rediscover his amazing form of that year and play a few innings like the one he did at Headingley. Chandimal and Karunatane are probably the only other proven batting quality in the SL lineup. Herath and Dilruwan will be a handful but Herath will need to somehow deliver his best series a few months shy of 40 if Sri Lanka are able to restrict this batting lineup.

I think India 3-0, with Kohli, Pujara, KL Rahul each scoring 300+ runs over the series.

OverratedSanity

If India win they will equal England's 1884-1892 and Australia's 2005-2008, record for 9 successive series victories. I'll be sort of sad to see this record be equaled in such a fashion, not because I think the current, near-great Indian side is undeserving of such a record but that India would have played 9 test series exclusively in the subcontinent and the West Indies on slow tracks. The Australian streak at least includes victories in a variety of away conditions: Caribbean, Bangladesh and South Africa.
There's nothing wrong with saying they're undeserving of the record. They flat out are. It's pretty funny watching some of the coverage in the Indian media tbf. Many of them legitimately seem to think this team's dominance is comparable to the 90s-2000s Australians,which is.... well, kinda not true.

They'll do OK overseas (ie) they'll win a couple of the tests here and there. But as usual, winning a series in SA/Aus will be basically impossible. And will be for a long time.

vcs

Not saying this Indian team are historically great or anything, but records are not undeserved. People shouldn't get pissed off when Cook overtakes Sachin's records due to longevity, or Anderson gets more wickets than McGrath etc. I mean, they can say it, but it sounds like people are unwilling to credit the achievement in its own right.

Absolutely OK to point out that they are not a historically great team unless they achieve success in SA/Aus/England/NZ. But their dominance in familiar conditions has been complete, winning series by big margins, not losing dead rubbers, and beating all comers. In my memory watching cricket, only Australia managed to put up a flawless home record after beating India and NZ in 2007-08 (ironically they were on the decline by then). It's not that easy to do.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
As an Aussie supporter India were seriously impressive and easily could have gone 1-1 down here last time if it wasn't for Murali Vijay getting bogged down on 99 in that incredible Adelaide chase. Easily batted us out of the game at the MCG and put up a big total at the Gabba first innings. Only really poor moments were the collapse to Lyon (on a breaking up wicket), and getting blown out by Johnson in the second innings at the Gabba.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The only reason they were in the match at Adelaide was that we had to declare twice. They never deserved to win. They didn't bowl us out for under 500 in the series. The pitches were about as favourable to them as they could have asked for.

OverratedSanity

Yeah, definitely didn't deserve to win at Adelaide. Can't pick up 12 wickets and expect to win a test match.

The batting has never really been an issue for this team overseas anyway (apart from 2 abominable tests in England). Bowling teams out is the problem and it'll continue to be that way.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Basically no one bar South Africa has had any success bowling out Australia for low totals at home since the 2010-11 Ashes. India lost 3 tosses and put up competitive first innings totals in each match of the series.
I'm not saying India deserved to win but that series was the most even of any series in Australia, since 2010-11, apart from the two South African visits. What would have happened had the pitches been more friendly for bowling? I agree Australia probably would have done better but India can only played on what was laid out for them.

Last time India were in South Africa again it wasn't far off a 1-1 result.

vcs

Yeah, definitely didn't deserve to win at Adelaide. Can't pick up 12 wickets and expect to win a test match.

The batting has never really been an issue for this team overseas anyway (apart from 2 abominable tests in England). Bowling teams out is the problem and it'll continue to be that way.
It would have felt a bit hollow to win after being declared on twice, was still heartbreaking though.

I guess you could say Kohli deserved to win.

I'm expecting that the attack will improve on the next cycle of away tours, not because of any extraordinary upgrade in skill level, but more experience, confidence, discipline, better captaincy etc. Let's see if the batting holds up to its previous standards (and we hang on to our catches!).

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
If Sri Lanka play to their potential,I expect a keen contest between the teams.I wonder how many from the current touring lot have played in India in tests before.

SL are winless in India tests.Hard to digest comparing the greats they have had,and the conditions not being all that dissimilar to SL

OverratedSanity

Yup. Apparently it's to "protect him from a loss of confidence". Awful move. They have a team of ultra young scrubs anyway and he's easily their most promising batting prospect. They're basically saying they don't trust him to make runs in this series. What kind of message is that sending to him and the rest of the team?