• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Annoying wicket celebrations

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brett Lee cranking up the chainsaw

Imran Tahir's victory lap

The weird thumb thing that England did for a while

Yours, please.

Burgey

On the slamming the ground thing. Not exactly a wicket celebration but I recall playing against a bloke who dropped a pretty difficult caught and bowled in his follow through, after which he was sprawled our next to the pitch and punched the turf in anger, fracturing two knuckles on his bowling hand and had to be taken straight to hospital.

Burgey

And yeah, Brett Lee’s chainsaw was ****ing ridiculous, especially when he did it after being carted around the park because he either bowled too short or too full, then eventually cleaned up a number ten. WAC he is.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Almost anything these days, but especially any really exuberant celebration from a catch at deep midwicket off a slog from a number nine.

OverratedSanity

Brett Lee was the worst though. I think there was one time he got Sachin/VVS after he'd scored around 2 million and Lee did a fancy pirouette and did the old heel clicking celebration. Was ridiculous to watch.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
The Islamic prayer celebration does not go down too well among the old blokes at county grounds these days. Tahir did it for Derbyshire last season after a five-for and it produced a few more than audible quibbles from the crowd.

vcs

How annoying you find a celebration basically depends upon how much you dislike the bowler/team. :)

Gnske

Any of Shamsi's celebrations.

In comparison, I've become a fan of Hazlewood's stick-up-the-arse fist-pump he does.

harsh.ag

Am a fan of ostentatious wicket celebrations tbh. Bowlers only get a couple a game on average and should make most of it imo.

bagapath

International Captain
The Islamic prayer celebration does not go down too well among the old blokes at county grounds these days. Tahir did it for Derbyshire last season after a five-for and it produced a few more than audible quibbles from the crowd.
None of the religious gestures work for me anyways. The kneeling down, crossing, thanking the sun etc.. these people fail to understand that this makes them look a little silly on a sporting field - linking an imaginary grand divine plan to their minuscule achievement on a playground that means nothing to mankind at large.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Shane Watson.

Matt McEwen dabbed last week, that was pretty horrendous. Dab has been dead for years, and even then it was only kept alive by 10 year old boys.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
None of the religious gestures work for me anyways. The kneeling down, crossing, thanking the sun etc.. these people fail to understand that this makes them look a little silly on a sporting field - linking an imaginary grand divine plan to their minuscule achievement on a playground that means nothing to mankind at large.
All part of a divine plan to play for Derbyshire County.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Am a fan of ostentatious wicket celebrations tbh. Bowlers only get a couple a game on average and should make most of it imo.
I'd much rather they go for an over the top celebration than giving the batsman a send-off. I'm definitely not a fan of those.

Heboric

International Debutant
The hackers hack Andrew Flintoff with the 'look at me' pose. Afridi did it as well.

Philander sometimes does this almost non celebration thing which can get irritating

For batsmen David Warner, one day he is going to pull something

Last edited:

vcs

I liked Flintoff's celebration. It works with his personality. OTOH, if Stuart Broad or Ravindra Jadeja tried that, it would just look crap.