• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Annoying wicket celebrations

Tom Flint

International Regular
I like all celebrations, cricket can be a long old day for a bowler let them celebrate how they want

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
you weren't too happy when i celebrated defeating you at miniclip pool
lmao it even shows you where to hit the ball, what kind of schmuck loses that hahaha, just open your eyes and click.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
The most bizarre wicket celebration I've seen occurred in this 1983/84 ODI between Australia & the West Indies by Joel Garner - even when he takes early wickets he's so non-plussed that he just turns around and takes his cap from the umpire!

And I think I know the reason why he was so apathetic. This was the third final of the ODI tri-series and the West Indies were aggrieved that they even had to play it as they'd won the first final and the second final had been tied and the West Indies felt they should've been considered the winners of it as they'd lost less wickets. But the authorities said another match had to be played where Australia could potentially share the trophy and the West Indies protested with Richards & Lloyd not playing and Garner seeming like he'd rather be anywhere else... but he still took 5 wickets for the match!

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Starc's finger to the mouth silencing motion, ripped straight from the Thierry Henry book of celebrations. Incredibly annoying.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I don't mind any celebrations, the only thing I don't particularly like is the bowler saying words to the batsman after getting him out because he can't respond to it now. I of course relax my criterion regarding that in case the batsman happens to be Australian.

digiosmosis

Cricket Spectator
I hated James Faulkner celebrating after dismissing Grant Elliot in world cup 2015 final. That was a bit annoying and felt like sledging.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hate those long-drawn out squealy screeches that fielding teams sometimes do collectively after a wicket.

Kirkut

International Regular
I actually like celebrations as long as the bowler's don't vent it out on the batsman.

Not all bowlers celebrate a wicket like they are signing a business deal:

Last edited: