• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

80s and 90s Dual Draft

Himannv

International Coach
Ah the 80s and 90s. Back during the times when music was still original, girls were still naive, and fast bowling was a fine art.

This will be a dual draft of 22 rounds, picking both a Test and ODI team. Minimum of 1 Test in the 80s or 90s for the Test team and similarly 1 ODI in the 80s or 90s for the ODI team. In case there is any ambiguity, you can consider yourself a prick.

You don’t need to nominate which team a picked player will be placed in until the end, to allow for some tactical flexibility.

To encourage a balance between your 2 teams, scoring will be multiplicative. We will have separate votes for the top 3 Test teams and top 3 ODI teams and your final score will be your Test votes x ODI votes.

8 hours per pick, double in the first 2 rounds, even rounds are reversed but are active parallelly. Post in if you’re interested.

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
In.

Would players of the 90's be considered on their overall career or just how they performed in the 90's?

Eg. Murali

Himannv

International Coach
In.

Would players of the 90's be considered on their overall career or just how they performed in the 90's?

Eg. Murali
My only restriction is that they had to have played a game during the time period to be available for selection. The voters decide the winners so it's open to their interpretation.

Himannv

International Coach
There is still room so anyone can still join easily before this starts. This will start today, so it will be harder for someone to join once it starts as Round 1 and Round 2 run parallelly (for those who weren't in the previous one, see the 2000s Dual Draft thread for an example of how this worked in the latter rounds). I'll keep my options open though because I joined the last draft late myself and the draft organizer there was kind enough to let me in.

Himannv

International Coach
Order is randomized. 16 hours between picks for Round 1 and Round 2. Afterwards it will be 8 hours per pick. Both rounds are active, so if it's your turn in either round, please make a pick.

Round 1

kingkallis - Malcolm Marshall
anil1405 - Glenn McGrath
Red Hill
Himannv
Teuton
Slifer
mr_mister
SillyCowCorner1
bagapath
The Battlers Prince
Grumpy