• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Zimbabwe 2017

Slifer

International Captain
Odd is not the word I'd use. Your two opening bowlers have built up the pressure and you bowl a part timer??? Instead of the match winner from a few days ago. Really??!!

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Depressing to see Zim not even try and compete on pace. Would love to see a side with 4 of Shingi, Tiripano, Panyangara, Jarvis, Mpofu, Mumba and Ngarava. Would Waller or Chakabva out for another seamer have hurt? Seems a tad defensive playing so many batsmen!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Couldn't quite understand why he had the second slip on and not the first slip for a while, particularly as the pitch wasn't juicy or any thing. The commentators were bewildered too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Depressing to see Zim not even try and compete on pace. Would love to see a side with 4 of Shingi, Tiripano, Panyangara, Jarvis, Mpofu, Mumba and Ngarava. Would Waller or Chakabva out for another seamer have hurt? Seems a tad defensive playing so many batsmen!
Wait a minute, a team with all 4, why?With Cremer captain and actually a good player i dont think youll ever get to see it.

Good work Hamilton, now double it.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
can any of those zim quicks mentioned even hit 140?

has any windies 'quick' ever hit 140? I know Olonga was well short of it. Streak and that chicken farmer dude, maybe

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Streak, Blignaut, Olonga and Friend were all seriously quick at their fastest. All of them would've delivered balls in excess of 145. You mentioned Olonga as being "well short of it" -- and he was later in his career, but when he started he was a tearaway.

Jarvis was actually a 140 bowler when he first hit the scene as well (he was rubbish though :laugh:).

Panyangara was reasonably quick as a kid too, but more last 130s I'd say.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shingi Masakadza and Brian Vitori had a season each where all the moons aligned and there were bowling early 140s at top pace too, but it was short-lived for both of them.

Slifer

International Captain
can any of those zim quicks mentioned even hit 140?

has any windies 'quick' ever hit 140? I know Olonga was well short of it. Streak and that chicken farmer dude, maybe
Has an WI in history hit 140 or in the current team ??

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Allegedly roughed up Jeet Raval with his extreme pace in his first two or three overs last year, but we only have Zimbabweans on another forum to vouch for that.

Visit the NZ domestic thread and ask nzfan to post the video of it for you. There's maybe a 1% chance you won't be disappointed by what you see.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah i did mean zim not win in that pace comment

and thanks weldone for posting that vid, appreciate it. found it really hard to find a stream of this yesterday. hamilton can really smack a cricket ball. they said it was his second test ton against the windies, the last time being in 2001 at 17 playing alongside Grant Flower against a side featuring Carl ****ing Hooper. That's a lifetime ago

And man Shannon Gabriel again being denied a wicket due to a no-ball. Someone has to sit him down and straighten him out it can't be that hard to stop this(had Hamilton caught off a bouncer at 15 but he overstepped)

Look forward to Kyle Hope's first test fifty today

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There will be no demons in the pitch until late day 3 imo. WI have the clear upper hand - they can score 400+ in first innings.
Easier said than done. Windies are prone to collapses and Zimbabwe aren't too bad at home. I back this to be a competitive game.