• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Zimbabwe 2017

Bijed

International Regular
West Indies consolidating well here, but a good spell from Solomon could put them right back in the Mire

Slifer

International Captain
From the looks of it, it would seem that Bravo should replace k hope . Failures in the uk followed by this, not good enough

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Solomon Mire, did not disappoint.

These two at the crease are purveyors of great concentration. Zimbabwe better get one of them out or else come tomorrow they will still be batting after lunch.

Go Windies!

Stapel

International Regular
A bit odd..... Holder has been given LBW, whereas there was a tiny spike when the ball passed the bat. He was caught at slip (no replays wheather it carried though)!

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
A bit odd..... Holder has been given LBW, whereas there was a tiny spike when the ball passed the bat. He was caught at slip (no replays wheather it carried though)!
To my eye, that catch didn't look like a clean catch.

But can a third umpire give someone out for a catch if the on-field umpire gives out for LBW?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Have seen replays now, it carried.

Really weird situation in which both the standing umpire and the third umpire have made really obviously wrong decisions but it hasn't ended up mattering in the slightest because he was out either way.

Bijed

International Regular
Would appreciate Hope not being left stranded short of his century here

Edit: Dammit

Last edited:

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
I see. Cheers.

Well, WI are out, and Hope's left stranded. I've noticed that WI late-order batsmen, when tasked with nursing a fellow batsmen to a nearby ton, adopt a cavalier attitude and shamelessly get out. Hope should feel let down by his team.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good work, I was looking for it too.

For betting purposes I was very surprised to see Powell (4.00) at equal favourite with Brathwaite to score the most runs for WI in the first innings. Of course he could - but Shai Hope (4.50) is definitely better value being priced higher. Cremer (4.50) is also good value for most wickets. Hard to not see him take a 3 or 4 fa, even if it is for 120 or so.
Hope you made bank