• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 5 batsmen of this era who are yet to retire?

srbhkshk

International Captain
If one was to go by International T20s, ABD has a fairly poor record. Smith is the weakest here when it comes to all three formats, he is poor in T20s and average in ODIs, but he is far better in the format that matters the most. Kohli is the most well rounded one, averaging ~50 in all three.

Gob

International Coach
If one was to go by International T20s, ABD has a fairly poor record. Smith is the weakest here when it comes to all three formats, he is poor in T20s and average in ODIs, but he is far better in the format that matters the most. Kohli is the most well rounded one, averaging ~50 in all three.
Smith is fairly good in ODIs i think

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I think he started poorly by his standards, but now he's really good.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Agent Smith
Kane Williamson
Joe Root
AB De Villiers
David Warner

Special mentions
Azhar Ali - has been very impressive lately and if he played T20s as well he'd probably do well there too

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
He's actually done great in the IPL too
When he has been picked... bit of a travesty there really.

I do know that people here rate Amla, but also always seem to try find issues with his performances. I rate Amla higher than ABdV, maybe not in pure talent but definitely in consistent performance. I think he is just such an unassuming cricketer that he gets underrated. Of all those mentioned here, Amla is the one I would trust to bat for my life around the world, even if he is probably not the most naturally gifted.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Multiformat I'd go,

Kohli (improved in the test format 2016-).
Root
ABV
Amla
Williamson
Smith (iffy Twenty20 form, ave 21.55 at s/r 122.44)
Warner (his stats add up but a home/flat track test bully)

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
Warner is a big home track bully. Huge 20 point difference in average home and away,and even more terrible in subcontinent.
His big bat has now also been banned.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bizarre changes to this joint when T20s get equal weighting to tests. Anyway, hoping the Ashes produces lots of DLF Maximums.