• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka losing face

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
DJ Bumfluff said:
You keep saying that I think I know more than the scientists. Not once have I said that.

But you have most definitely implied it.

If qualified scientists say something and you say that to your unqualified naked eye you think the opposite, what else can you be saying?

Slow Love™

International Captain
marc71178 said:
By arguing the scientific results, what is he doing if not saying he knows better?
He's arguing the legitimacy of the methodology of the testing. Which is NOT the same thing as saying he knows the science better than the scientists.

If I argue that a particular testing condition is not neutral, or fair - say, having a player's clear advocate on hand to advise as to whether a bowler is reproducing the action he delivers in a match - I am not saying "I know more about the science than the scientists". Nor, would I be implying it. And in no way do you need to be an expert in biomechanics to understand such concepts.