• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I want to talk to someone who knows about cricket , stats across all forms

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I do this with live odds. Get the odds off any betting site in decimal format. Work out 100/(odds) if you want percentage chance, bearing in mind that bookies will underestimate both sides a little in order to make money.
or take the mid-odds from betfair so that you don't have that problem

srbhkshk

International Captain
Hi There

many thanks for your reply

What sort of algorithim can you build, not worried about prettyness, im looking for likely results for positions in a game

for instance

If at the break South Africa in a T20 against say India has scored 174 what is the likelyhood they will win the game % wise
I mean probably yeah, but as other suggested, betting sides will give a far better result then any other algo.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Foe that India and south Africa match, it's more of an 80% chance India loses of they play out of sub continental conditions

ngroocock

Cricket Spectator
Sorry do you mean playing away from their home conditions they are far more likely to lose.
I think India look very good at the moment,

ngroocock

Cricket Spectator
Yea schoolboy Eriror didn't realize it would be my profile name, the horror
Can you change your profile name
I've had to live with that name for years. My mum should have never married him.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Yea schoolboy Eriror didn't realize it would be my profile name, the horror
Can you change your profile name
I've had to live with that name for years. My mum should have never married him.
In which case you probably wouldn't exist!

Be grateful to your parents for bringing you into this troubled, yet endlessly fascinating world.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is my favourite stat when you put it alongside Shahid Afridi's Test batting average of 36.51

haha, was literally watching Afridi's 156 against India when I read this post.

It's weird that for 2 years in 05 and 06 he was an awesome test number 6, averaging over 40 for both years. Then he goes and retires from tests? Just to have a lazy hit and miss(mainly miss) limited overs career ever since. Kinda a waste

cnerd123

likes this
His retirement came right after he slogged himself out twice in a Test, and he said he felt he 'didn't have the temperament to be a Test cricketer'

It's hilarious because he was arguably a better Test cricketer than ODI one

srbhkshk

International Captain
His retirement came right after he slogged himself out twice in a Test, and he said he felt he 'didn't have the temperament to be a Test cricketer'

It's hilarious because he was arguably a better Test cricketer than ODI one
Almost like Sehwag in this respect, when they have to go after only 80% of the deliveries instead of trying to go after 100% they are much better automatically. That's why I also think Maxwell would be a great prospect for Australia in tests.