• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2017/18

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Although. I think CD have taken 3 bowling points today,I" likely to get 0 batting points though.

Wellington still haven't got their first bowling point of the day yet.

vandem

International 12th Man
Although. I think CD have taken 3 bowling points today,I" likely to get 0 batting points though.

Note that Wgtn are 4 points behind CD, but also way behind on run rate, so needed to either win and have CD lose, or to score 5 more bonus points than CD. CD now have 4 bowling points, so now the only chance for Wgtn is to win and hope that ND win.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

Hell of a spell from van Beek to grab all 4 and keep Wellington in the hunt. 39 wickets at 15 this season, and he bowled well in both NZA warm-up games. Good on him.

Ugh, cheering for the Northern ****es makes me feel just gross.

Last edited:

vandem

International 12th Man
Intriguing Plunket Shield today.

Half way though the day CD team would have been checking if they could bring their celebration dinner forward to Wed, they had rolled ND for 134 and up at EPOO Auckland were 1-190, with Guppy and CW armchair critic picks Chapman and Phillips to bat.

Then Kuggs and van Beek turned both games on their heads.

CD probably have their noses in front, plenty of time at Napier and the ND batting is fragile, and Wellington will need to bat well with an aging and short batting lineup, and they risk having a couple of the Aucklanders batting them out of the game on a flat wicket in the 3rd innings.

Flem274*

123/5
hey kippax, could we get some greg hay analysis at some point if it's not too much drama?

because statistically he should be next opener in line. he won't be because they refuse to acknowledge he exists, but he should be.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Wellington got all bowling points (with 5 overs to spare).

So simple equation now anyway for Wellington to win the shield. CD must lose, Wellington must win.