• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2017/18

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I watched Zak Gibson bowl the other day against Auckland A, the kid has definitely put on some pace (and bulk) since I saw him last year. Surprised he isn’t playing this game instead of carrying the drinks. Arnel and Baker won’t be up to much on a pitch like this

I'm sure Albi could find him an extra yard or two, if he didn't want to speed up the dumb way.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Nah it's gone forever now, you'll find. It seems I've inadvertently ruined a password you used without a problem for years. Unless you still have a friend in the office staff, we're out.
Bugger that's no good... you didn't change it did you? If you didn't then not hard to get one.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jaimeson a bit expensive but generating some beautiful outswing with his 3 dismissals so far.

Meridio

International Regular
Heh, the wicket of Papps was how-to-dismiss-Papps-101.

Interesting seeing Andrew Hazeldine playing for Canterbury - played with him a few times during the English summer. Doesn't have your typical quick bowler's build, he's quite short but very whippy.

Immenso

Interesting seeing Andrew Hazeldine playing for Canterbury - played with him a few times during the English summer. Doesn't have your typical quick bowler's build, he's quite short but very whippy.
Is he a Canterbury product? or an English product? Just curious.

My google search was ambiguous, born in England and "holds dual British and New Zealand citizenship".

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

I'm sure Albi could find him an extra yard or two, if he didn't want to speed up the dumb way.
Momentum through the crease might help too, someone will want to tell him it's not javelin and there's no imaginary line down the wicket he has to keep behind. In defence he might've been fatigued there (guessing it's death) but there's issues galore there.

Love watching Jamieson bowl, might be his time after the World Cup.

Meridio

International Regular
Is he a Canterbury product? or an English product? Just curious.

My google search was ambiguous, born in England and "holds dual British and New Zealand citizenship".
Canterbury product, mostly, though he's spent time in both. Has a Kiwi accent too...

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
van Beek doing a bit of a demolition job on Canterbury now. Really has been a bit of a breakthrough season for him.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Canterbury 39/9!!

Admittedly they're missing Latham, Nicholls, Astle from that batting lineup.

Van Beek's bowling action this season reminds me of someone though I can't quite put my finger on it - earlier in the season I thought there was a bit of Matt Henry and Chris Woakes in the smooth outswing, though even then that didn't quite capture it and he looks to have bowled differently with more inswingers today anyway.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, that nice upright action of his really does seem to help him maintain a similar 5th stump line that made Henry such a monster when he burst on to the domestic scene a couple years back. Additionally the inswing he's generating forces batsmen to play at him, which along with a bit of nibble from some very supportive wickets means he's becoming a nightmare to play.

vandem

International 12th Man
And hat trick for McEwan (although Mitchell's "edge" for the 3rd wicket seemed a lot less out than Phillips yesterday, and Phillips wasn't given out). Dropped in after work yesterday, seems to be a pitch made for 125k outswing. Kuggs banging it in wasn't working, but Baker floated them up, beat the bat several times, deserved his 5-fer.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
And hat trick for McEwan (although Mitchell's "edge" for the 3rd wicket seemed a lot less out than Phillips yesterday, and Phillips wasn't given out). Dropped in after work yesterday, seems to be a pitch made for 125k outswing. Kuggs banging it in wasn't working, but Baker floated them up, neat the bat several times, deserved his 5-fer.
Didn't realise that Van Beek got a hattrick in his five-fer too! Thought the umpire firing McClure for the hattrick looked more questionable (probably hit the thigh guard) than Mitchell's edge for McEwan's, though it's hard to tell for sure from the video. Anyway, umpires can get a little excited when it's hattrick ball.

Immenso

Wellington seam bowlers continue their unstoppable march to Plunket Shield glory. Even without Bennett. Red ball heroes, white ball chumps .......

vandem

International 12th Man
The main takeaway is that Kyle Jamieson top-scored in an innings
And #10 Hazeldine and #11 Coburn appear to have made a dressing room bet with Jamieson that he wouldn't get to 20, so flung their bats at wide short balls rather than keep him company ...