• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2017/18

Howsie

International Captain
Yep, this is the quickest I’ve seen him bowl, 145k is some serious speed so hopefully he can stay injury free for the rest of the international season.

* And yes I realise that is said every year.

Howsie

International Captain
Oh, they bad.

Flynn shouldn’t be playing this form of the game, he’s a complete waste of space. Same with Mitchell, who will routinely be 20 off 25 in 99 percent of his innings. Kelly is wasted down at six or seven, he can hit a big ball but he needs to be set to do that. Bocock, eh, club batsman. Hampton doesn’t seem to have a role in this team, Christ he hasn’t even bowled this season.

Pretty much you have Devcich who is only adequate in the scheme of things, Seifert who is still more suited to the longer forms and Brownlie who should probably be opening as what you’d call plus players in this batting group.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This is a pretty promising CD attack. I look forward to them all being injured before we get back to the shield games

Howsie

International Captain
I didn’t realise Blair Tickner had this much pace, that last ball was 146k. He’s been beating the batsman for pace all night too.

Flem274*

123/5
wasn't tickner medium pace last season or am i imagining things?

mitchell is so frustrating. looked promising when he was younger then just faded away

Howsie

International Captain
Just your classic young batsman who was found out and never improved his game. Mitchell was never really a serious prospect being as hopeless as he is against spin but his complete lack of improvement with the bat smacks of pure laziness.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wheeler and Tickner registering 140s might be exciting, but instead makes me far more sceptical of the speed gun. Especially Wheeler - quite a stiff action, can get nice swing and bounce as we know, but I find it hard to see him generating high pace.

Josh Clarkson hitting as clean as ever. Will he be found out for his limited scoring zones like Corey Anderson when he hits the international scene?

Howsie

International Captain
Wheeler and Tickner registering 140s might be exciting, but instead makes me far more sceptical of the speed gun. Especially Wheeler - quite a stiff action, can get nice swing and bounce as we know, but I find it hard to see him generating high pace.

Josh Clarkson hitting as clean as ever. Will he be found out for his limited scoring zones like Corey Anderson when he hits the international scene?
Chris Jordan was registering in the mid to late 130’s, which is normal for him. Bevan Small was around 130k, Ryan McCone mid 120’s. Sure the gun could’ve been on the fritz but it seemed to pick up the other bowlers at their usual pace. I haven’t seen much of Tickner but I’ve definitely seen spells from Wheeler in the past where he has looked to be bowling with some proper pace.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah the gun looked fine to me. Being able to bowl at 140 for an over or two is hardly that remarkable.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Chris Jordan was registering in the mid to late 130’s, which is normal for him. Bevan Small was around 130k, Ryan McCone mid 120’s. Sure the gun could’ve been on the fritz but it seemed to pick up the other bowlers at their usual pace. I haven’t seen much of Tickner but I’ve definitely seen spells from Wheeler in the past where he has looked to be bowling with some proper pace.
Good to know

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

I got asked yesterday about the chances of losing Boshier to rugby (just like Jordie Barrett), so I've been having a bit more of a look. A bit of a pattern emerging in him looking a bit unworldly, a bit 'six or out' in his handling of spin, but yeah, he can certainly graduate up into CD's top 6 and not look out of place at all.

Phlegm/Cribb will soon be really relishing how stacked CD is going to get in high SR power hitting, if they somehow manage to retain everyone. Ryder, Worker, Clarkson, Bruce, Cleaver, Boshier, Leopard, other guys we don't know much about like Ludick also putting forward a strong case to play.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh boy, Neesham 100% fit, yet he could well be running out drinks to 17yo Llew Johnson (a new Otago no. 4) today. Insane proposition to think about it before the season began.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/cricket/numbers-lead-dropping-neesham

''The numbers are there for everyone to see,'' Walter said.

''He has been struggling for form which is something all cricketers go through.

''It is disappointing for him to sit out and it is disappointing when you have a player of his standard and he is going through a lean patch.

''But we have to give guys an opportunity to play knowing we have lost three games already, so if not now then when?

''Sometimes it is the best thing for the player to be left out. If gives them an opportunity to get out of the heat of battle and figure out a way to get back in form.''

Walter is confident Neesham will rediscover his form.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

If CW still like Kelly, you can certainly buy his stock low these days. Uni Oval too flat for me to be wildly enthused about it though.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Pretty awful from Otago today ... some shabby fielding probably makes it look even worse.

Is something going on down there, or have they just given up on the season and want to try some new players? I'd have thought if it was a happy camp then at least one of Rutherford, Wagner or Neesham would have something to contribute ... but all dropped. :confused:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It irrationally bothers me that Sky displays Auckland Aces as AA, Central Stags as CS, Otago Volts as OV etc, but Northern Knights as KN.