• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2017/18

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Looks like it did. I have on my Facebook page wellington team celebrations. From their coach I hear there are 4 from Wellington this year. Winning make a huge difference I guess. This is the first time I'm hearing there are 4 boys from Wellington. Rachin Ravindra was always a lock in I heard. His name was the first on the list, no chance of him missing out. Besides 2 other boys from wellington make up the reserves. Is our region finally looking up?

nzfan

Probably about to get another rough deal, that Brayden Gaylor. He's topped the tourney's wicket-takers, but second is Ravindra (SLA), and third is Felix Murray (SLA). You attend a U19 WC when you're 16/17, you almost never get dumped for the one when you're 18/19.

Lucky it's a dry summer, if NZ U19 have no seamers who are any good, and just decide to wheel down 30 overs of what they do best.
Is Gaylor a left arm spinner too? Quite rough then. Ravindra has always been the first choice spinner for 19s even in the last world cup. He bowled more overs than A Parish. Murray didn't play many games much either in the last world cup. It's tough when you have a settled left arm spinner who's equally good with the bat. It's important when you're young to be able to bat and bowl. Either you need to be outstanding in your skill where none can even come close or you have to be able to have more than one skill. I see Ravindra captained wellington as well.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I see Auckland Cricket have congratulated Finn Allen and Dale Phillips for earning NZ squad selection. Beecroft chosen as a non-travelling reserve.

I'd do a little compilation video of the whole 15, but still no vault access, so NZ fans will miss out there.

nzfan

Yeah I see Auckland Cricket have congratulated Finn Allen and Dale Phillips for earning NZ squad selection. Beecroft chosen as a non-travelling reserve.

I'd do a little compilation video of the whole 15, but still no vault access, so NZ fans will miss out there.
Is there no private messaging here? How do I contact you privately?

Good to see both Allen and Phillips making it. Too good these two to miss out.

SeamUp

International Coach
How much importance do the selectors put on the national week for WC selection ?

In SA generally it is about the camps and the 2-year process leading up to the WC. In any case our provincial u19 tournament starts only on Sunday and franchise one on Jan 4 so they always had to select ours before nationals.

Immenso

How much importance do the selectors put on the national week for WC selection ?

In SA generally it is about the camps and the 2-year process leading up to the WC. In any case our provincial u19 tournament starts only on Sunday and franchise one on Jan 4 so they always had to select ours before nationals.
I don't think they have much else to go on.

I'd suspect half the team up in the air until this tournament completed.

After last year's domestic U19 tournament they named a national U18 team that played in the Provincial A tournament. It would be interesting to compare squads.

That's the only preparation our cheapskate association has given the young lads.

They'll get pummelled.

In hibernation for 2 years until the all expenses paid ICC tournaments.

If the ICC ain't paying, we ain't playing.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
After last year's domestic U19 tournament they named a national U18 team that played in the Provincial A tournament. It would be interesting to compare squads.
Yep three Wellingtonians have emerged to make the grade who weren't in that U18 squad last season, plus Ravindra, who didn't attend.

Hunter Kindley and Ben Beecroft dipping out to Luke Georgeson might be looked back on as a bit of a Gavin Larseny hometown call. Kindley's on the verge of being fit and has always been near the top of the runs leaderboards in this age group. Georgeson's sort of a John Wright-style grinder who's nipped in from nowhere.

Luke Georgeson, a left-handed opening bat and right-arm medium-pacer, was Town's MVP last year and anchored the innings, with 62, in the win against HIBS. "He's not a fast scorer but bats a long time," Johns said.

NZ under-19 squad:

Kaylum Boshier (capt), Finn Allen, Jakob Bhula, Max Chu, Katene Clarke, Matthew Fisher, Luke Georgeson, Ben Lockrose, Callum McLachlan, Felix Murray, Sandeep Patel, Dale Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Connor Sullivan, Todd Watson.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Who'll cause more alarm with rearing bounce on a fast track in Auckland today I wonder; Milne or Tickner.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Not yet back in the video vault btw. Still some issues to iron out via email with nzfan.

Immenso

Yep three Wellingtonians have emerged to make the grade who weren't in that U18 squad last season, plus Ravindra, who didn't attend.

Hunter Kindley and Ben Beecroft dipping out to Luke Georgeson might be looked back on as a bit of a Gavin Larseny hometown call. Kindley's on the verge of being fit and has always been near the top of the runs leaderboards in this age group. Georgeson's sort of a John Wright-style grinder who's nipped in from nowhere.

NZ under-19 squad:

Kaylum Boshier (capt), Finn Allen, Jakob Bhula, Max Chu, Katene Clarke, Matthew Fisher, Luke Georgeson, Ben Lockrose, Callum McLachlan, Felix Murray, Sandeep Patel, Dale Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Connor Sullivan, Todd Watson.
Georgeson is young. He would have been only 16 at that time last year.

Although I think L Johnson of Otago was 16 and made that team last year.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
AUCKLAND ACES
C Munro, GD Phillips (wk), MS Chapman, Craig Cachopa (c), RR O'Donnell, BJ Horne, SM Curran, T Nidamanuru, TS Nethula, BG Lister, LH Ferguson, MJ Barry (12th)
CENTRAL STAGS
GH Worker, JD Ryder, WA Young (c), TC Bruce, DAJ Bracewell, D Cleaver (wk), JA Clarkson, BM Wheeler, AF Milne, SHA Rance, BM Tickner, AY Patel (12th)