cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: ***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2017/18

I like this fast bowling handicap Canterbury are going to start the season with. Wagner chanelling some Dean Elgar with a nice and civilised top-order century from 184 balls.
    Don't squander the gold of your days making a shrine of cricket videos, trying to improve the hopeless failure, giving your life away to the Blockys, the Devciches and the Weerasundaras! Surrender your devout little cricketing heart to the inured agribusinessman.

NEW ZEALAND RAIN RADAR . AUSTRALIAN RAIN RADAR . U.K. RAIN RADAR

Mark Craig is alive

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Lol Wagner. Expected him to be one of the few players of note in the match but no, on his side alone there are three past/present NZ batsmen and he's outscored them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I need u like Henry Nicholls needs batting school
    He was terrible in that series
    I need u like Ross Taylor needed to be fit
    He's way better than Henry Nicholls
    And now all I can think about is your smile
    and that ****** test series too
    Losing to Australia sucked and I miss you
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

You'd have to figure he does benefit greatly from having a better day-to-day examiner of endurance.

3 changes for NZ A: Blundell, Henry, Kuggeleijn out, Seifert, Rance and de Grandhomme in. Siraj, Thampi replace Shardul, Kaul

The Board Of Control For Cricket In India
    Flem274* and jcas0167 like this.

Karn stars with five-fer in affluent India A display | Cricbuzz.com

After a thrill-a-minute one-dayer the preceding evening, the same 22-yard strip seemed to have woken up tired as it registered a remarkable drop in pace and assisted spin.

Having won the toss, New Zealand A openers George Worker and Colin Munro started off cautiously till Munro went back to his usual self. Striking boundaries off back to back balls in the third over, Munro got going, seeing which Worker too played an upper cut to send one packing over third man off Siraj for a six.

Their joy didn't last long as the first-change bowler of the afternoon, Deepak Hooda, got Worker out stumped for 22 by beating him in flight and length. Munro cleared the deep mid-wicket fence with a towering blow before slicing one to cover point off Thampi. Little did New Zealand know that their downward spiral had just begun.

The centurion from Tuesday's game, Glenn Phillips, fell to the trend of the day as another bowling change made way for a wicket. Phillips, trying to pull Vijay Shankar off the first ball, missed it to be clean bowled. Tom Bruce didn't last long either. While Henry Nicholls was watching all of this unfold from the other end, he was joined in by de Grandhomme, with whom he added 37 runs to ignite hopes of a fightback. India A tightened the noose during this phase with Shahbaz Nadeem and Karn Sharma bowling in tandem for 12 overs. Nicholls in an attempt to break the shackles, miscued a heave to long off, falling for 35 off Karn Sharma.

From 134 for 5 to 143 all-out, New Zealand A went crashing down in less than seven overs, three of those scalps going to Karn Sharma as the legspinner ended with a five-fer.

Colin Munro - Journey from Tongaat to Twenty20 | Cricbuzz.com

The time when I got my Test debut, I wasn't prepared, playing South Africa in South Africa was tough. After the last two years I have had, hopefully... They say, 'keep smashing the lights out,' and I keep saying to them, 'Form lasts only so long..'

"I think I deserve a Test crack, whether it comes or not, we will see. It does bother, that's where sometimes you know that the selectors do have a hard job, keeping balance and all in mind but you need to select people when they are in red-hot form and give them the best opportunity to succeed at that level because it is hard going up to that level.

"It'd have been nice to sort of get a crack last summer but I have come here and got that 60-odd in the four-day game. It is about being positive, if Test cricket doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen. I could have given up last year and got on with my white-ball cricket but I will have a crack with Auckland this year, play some four-day cricket, hopefully put some numbers up and see if I can go one better and get that average even higher, I don't think they can keep ignoring me."

However, while Munro still craves to play red-ball cricket for New Zealand, he isn't turning deaf to the growing noises of franchise-based cricket. Munro tells Cricbuzz that he was very close to head in that direction this year until he got the central contract with NZC. He admits that being on the road for so long, just playing cricket could often leave one with not too many options to fall back on after retirement. "This year, I was very close, I wasn't sure if I was going to get the New Zealand contract or not. I still want to play all formats and that is why I am here on the 'A' trip. So as long as I am in the fray to play all three formats for New Zealand, I am up. As soon as I feel that it's just about playing some T20s here and there, one got to weigh up options.

"There's financial stuff as well, I have got two kids, wife back home, mortgage and stuff... these little things, in fact not little things, they are big things and you got to take care of all that. At the moment, I have accepted my NZC contract and I am going to take it year by year. So I have got a year with New Zealand now, hopefully a new role in terms of going up the order and batting at the top, if it comes to batting in the middle and get the opportunity to bowl a few overs as well.

"But if the time does come, as long as I have kept the lines of communication open with NZC like I have in the last three or four weeks where I am thinking of going, there's always a time and they are pretty open to it if you don't accept your New Zealand contract and you're going to go and play some franchise cricket around the world and if you are free, you can still play for New Zealand. As long as I am being looked at for all three formats, New Zealand is my hundred per cent priority.
    jcas0167 likes this.

U19 12th Man
    Disappointing eh? Glen has I supposed booked his berth for the Blacks Caps India tour.

Sadly Tom Blundell hasn't had a lot of hits so far.. He's batted thrice and has been on the tour over half a month. I just wish they don't do musical chairs and give each of the keepers two or three games each in a row to show what they can offer.

P.S: I should get on to the pooch to get your Jodie Barrett videos mate, will do over the weekend.
    Kippax likes this.

That Phillips 140 does complicate it I suppose, if they were always quite keen on Munro as one of their four options for top-order spots (Guptill, Latham/Munro, KW), which sticks to Hesson's usual requirement of someone in the top 3 having proven wicket-keeping or bowling in them.

We think of Phillips as a guy who'd be put forward to Finch it up over there against the new ball, but if he pinches anyone's squad place it may have to be Nicholls', with Latham already in. Nicholls being the other guy who could take the gloves in an emergency, but isn't renowned for being elite with the skill.

Just give it a little tappy, a little tap tap-aroo.
    Sounds like they'd prefer to see Latham in the middle-order against spin, and Munro at the top generating a good SR.

New Zealand prepare to launch Latham in new role - ESPNcricinfo
    Kippax likes this.

Considering our total lack of explosive power in the middle to lower order in the Champions Trophy, I don't know that Latham at 5 is really going to help things.

Don't know if they're considering Philips as a wicketkeeper seeing as he hasn't kept much (at all?) on the A tour. So Seifert or Blundell should hurry up and score some (OD) runs if they want a chance to bat 7 in the India series.

He's only just joined the A tour of course, scored a big ton, seemed to be completely running on fumes in his batting the next day. A main indicator for me thinking Phillips will be denied the job is SteveNZ reporting he's just frankly substandard at wicket-keeping at present, in our domestic thread last season. Auckland seemed to want part-time offies out of him, rather than to do a huge favour for the national cause, getting him into the gloves and keeping him there.

Not that Ben Horne made a bad start to his Auckland FC career, I guess Auckland figure Horne can also get into the Ronchi replacement mix.

Yeah Ben Horne looks a promising player

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information