• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2017/18

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Speaking of whom, try and guess which of the following resulted in his dismissal this afternoon:

a) a careful defensive minded stroke to a good ball;
b) an aggressive, but technically correct stroke;
c) a leaden-footed slog across the line.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Theres so many names this season I'm entirely unfamiliar with

Who is

BD Schmulian
DR Sams
CJ Bowes
MJ Barry
KJ McClure
HR Cooper
FJ Colson
MB McEwan
BP Coburn
BM Tickner
OR Newton
MD Rae
BG Lister
BG Randell
FW Sheat

Label as applicable

Spud/Gun/Agribusiness

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ollie Newton is that guy who went to the stadium in a tui catch a 6 shirt, got cold, pussed out and threw on a jersey, only to promptly catch a one handed 6 a few moments later.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ollie Newton is that guy who went to the stadium in a tui catch a 6 shirt, got cold, pussed out and threw on a jersey, only to promptly catch a one handed 6 a few moments later.
Quickly becoming my favourite player

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Speaking of whom, try and guess which of the following resulted in his dismissal this afternoon:

a) a careful defensive minded stroke to a good ball;
b) an aggressive, but technically correct stroke;
c) a leaden-footed slog across the line.
Tbf, it looked really dark when he played the stroke. He's the victim in all of this.

Ghost

U19 12th Man
The Wellington pace bowling quartet are really getting it done so far this season. Bennett, Newton, van Beek and McPeake; 60 wickets between them at 15.78

Ghost

U19 12th Man
Blundell and Seifert seem to be the next wicketkeepers off the rank but what about Dane Cleaver? Hiss batting record is almost identical so is he behind as a keeper?

Blain

U19 Captain
I've been thinking the same thing. Same age if not younger than Blundell. Haven't watched him enough though TBF. Seifert seems to be the next ND golden boy, like Santner. Will play for NZ on talent, probably not by being the best in NZ.

Watling surely won't play, Blundell NZA keeper, he could be in against WI.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Not an especially auspicious showing from the returning Blackcaps so far.

Southee 1/53
Boult 0/41
Henry 2/59 on a green top
KW 45
Latham 16
Nicholls 13
Munro 4

Only Santa really bucking the trend with a up-hill 50.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Theres so many names this season I'm entirely unfamiliar with

Who is

BD Schmulian - 27 yr old SAf-born guy that scored double hundred on debut
DR Sams - Strayan
CJ Bowes - Saffer wants to qualify for NZ
MJ Barry
KJ McClure - touted as good, 23 yr old, improving record.
HR Cooper - young but hasn't scored many runs yet. Haven't watched any highlights.
FJ Colson - agribusiness. Gave up on cricket for a season but now back.
MB McEwan - effective domestic bowler, been around a while now.
BP Coburn - rare NZ native frog in a blender
BM Tickner - domestic bowler, been around a while now but averages 48.
OR Newton - new, domestic level
MD Rae - effective domestic bowler
BG Lister - new, effective domestic bowler
BG Randell - new, domestic level
FW Sheat - 19 yr old fast bowler

Label as applicable

Spud/Gun/Agribusiness
Hrmm, I'll have a go. Of those, don't reckon many are NZ prospects, though we could always be surprised.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Not an especially auspicious showing from the returning Blackcaps so far.

Southee 1/53
Boult 0/41
Henry 2/59 on a green top
KW 45
Latham 16
Nicholls 13
Munro 4

Only Santa really bucking the trend with a up-hill 50.
They're all just saving their runs and wickets for the West Indies series obviously. None of the others squad members with overwhelming numbers either:

Raval 37
Guptill 8
Neesham 28
De Grandhomme 1/29 & 22*
Tastle 10 & didn't bowl
Sodhi 11 & 0/9

vandem

International 12th Man
Hrmm, I'll have a go. Of those, don't reckon many are NZ prospects, though we could always be surprised.
Ken McClure. Tidy, compact. Plays the ball late. Current FC average 39. Not surprised if this increases to mid 40s over the next two season, and he makes the test side after Taylor retires.

But hey, I would have picked Will Young ahead of Nicholls.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
What do people think of Henry 'Jenny' Shipley? Slightly odd delivery stride but tall and high arm action, good bounce that has surprised quite a few batsmen in his short career.