• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
When ''celebrities'' go through judicial proceedings these days all of this ancillary stuff leaks, mug shoots, footage, accounts. Irrespective of the trial and the fact he was cooperative once arrested, footage of Stokes handcuffed in the back of a police car is not a good image.

S.Kennedy

Well it is not surprising some would object to Ben playing the Bash as the ECB were basically following Australia's lead in re-marketing the sport as family-friendly until they then decided on the 100 which is, ehh, a significantly new development all-together! But many of the ECB schemes are Australian in design; it was an Australian who was brought out to design All Stars Cricket. Apparently he had designed a similar scheme in Oz to get kids playing cricket at a young age.

Incidentally, Cameron Bancroft!

No comment!

Last edited:

CasMcG24

U19 Vice-Captain
Well it is not surprising some would object to Ben playing the Bash as the ECB were basically following Australia's lead in re-marketing the sport as family-friendly until they then decided on the 100 which is, ehh, a significantly new development all-together! But many of the ECB schemes are Australian in design; it was an Australian who was brought out to design All Stars Cricket. Apparently he had designed a similar scheme in Oz to get kids playing cricket at a young age.

No comment!
You are correct... But slightly off topic I do 'makeup' hybrid games based around cricket and baseball for my cub group just purely designed to see the ball, hit it and catch it and also to bowl/pitch straight... It is designed with fun but also the serious lesson of coordination.

I just feel the courts have decided he is not guilty so he should be able to get on and play which is his livelihood... I just wonder how much of an impact he would have had in the last Ashes tour?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

No comment!
Are you mentioning Bancroft because you expect Stokes to headbutt him?

S.Kennedy

Durham County Cricket Club, ran on jagerbombs, sandpaper and cocaine.

Bancroft will miss the start of the Shield presumably as his ban runs out January?

CasMcG24

U19 Vice-Captain
Durham County Cricket Club, ran on jagerbombs, sandpaper and cocaine.

Bancroft will miss the start of the Shield presumably as his ban runs out January?
How do you feel we coped in Dullsville (actually miss Perth but from Wanneroo)... I thought the ban was just for international games... Harsh!

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Is Bancroft any chance of making the Aussie ODI side? I see Durham signed him as they expect Tommy Latham to be unavailable due to the World Cup.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He’d be very long odds to make the ODI side. Warner, Finch, Smith all in the top order come WC time barring injury.