• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

Cow

Banned
I predict he'll be more popular in Canterbury than Carter and McCaw. Stokes arriving there will be the lift the city has needed since the devastating earthquake. I confidently predict scenes reminiscent of Casear's return to Rome in 49 BC. Crowds lining the streets throwing flowers at Stokes' feet.

what times we live in.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Tbf there's literally no evidence that the picture that was doing the rounds was from today and not an old one. New Balance also ended their contract with him and he still had all their gear in the picture.
So you think he went into his backyard and lit a bonfire that consisted of all the freebies he was given from NEW BALANCE over the years because they dropped him?

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Statement released by Canterbury Cricket:

https://www.canterburycricket.org.nz/ben-stokes/

Following the recent speculation surrounding Ben Stokes coming to New Zealand, Canterbury Cricket can now confirm that they have been in initial informal discussions with Ben Stokes’ representatives regarding his potential availability for Ford Trophy and Burger King Super Smash competitions.

Speaking on the matter CEO Jeremy Curwin commented “The CCA Board and New Zealand Cricket will independently be considering this issue in the near future but, until then, we are unable to provide any more detail on the status of the deliberations. As and when there are any further developments we will of course release further statements.”

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, how this wonderful sport has fallen.
KFC Big Bash
Burger King Super Smash
Georgie Pie Super Smash

Our friends in Oceania have the right idea tbh. Giving these competitions silly names helps keep T20 in its rightful place.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: good from you.

Though I must admit I have no idea what "Magellan" is.......could be a fast food joint for all I know.
Mutual Fund

Don't you know that guy Marcus who lives in a global world, rises at 6, wears Californian trainers for a jog, listens to an English band, goes to a Japanese restaurant, checking cricket scores on his Korean phone, and invests in an all-Australian portfolio? :p We all know that guy.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I love the way Darren Lehman constantly bats away questions about Stokes by saying “You’d better ask the ECB.” Since when did they have a clue what’s going on?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm surprised he hasn't called for a public campaign against the bloke, it's usually his way of handling these things.

Cow

Banned
Be interesting to see if the New Zealand government plan to capitalise on the arrival of Stokes the same way they did with the Lord of The Rings movies. Will there be a Stokesland theme park? Or a marketing campaign targeted and cricket fans, streetfighters and the LGBT community.

As an environmentalist/conservationist, I sincerely hope that the added venue from tourism due to Stokes arrival might allow the New Zealand government to cut down on the forestry industry.

Will provide updates as they come in.