• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

Woodster

International Captain
Yes surely Adelaide comes too soon doesn’t it? Or does it? If there’s any chance at all of getting him in for Adelaide we’ve got to take it.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes surely Adelaide comes too soon doesn’t it? Or does it? If there’s any chance at all of getting him in for Adelaide we’ve got to take it.
Indeed - after what he's been through of late he'll be at least two yards faster than normal

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a joke. No way he should play until Constable Plod has finalised the investigation.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Confirmed fake news. Is going to New Zealand to practice and spend time with family apparently. Was a fun half an hour anyway.

TNT

Banned
Everyone seems pretty confident that Stokes will just walk back into the team even though he is yet to face a disciplinary hearing.

Is it a foregone conclusion that the ECB are desperate to have him back so the hearing will be just a formality and he will not be sanctioned at all.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Confirmed fake news. Is going to New Zealand to practice and spend time with family apparently. Was a fun half an hour anyway.
I don't know about anybody else, but when I go on holidays, I dress in exactly the same entire as I do when I go to work. I also carry my work files with me.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't know about anybody else, but when I go on holidays, I dress in exactly the same entire as I do when I go to work. I also carry my work files with me.
That's surely just in case, isn't it? It would be pretty annoying to have to fly out his kit separately.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Believe what you want to believe. However, the timing of his "holiday" must raise eyebrows.

Also, do you really think if the ECB suddenly deemed him eligible to be picked for England, they couldn't FEDEX his gear overnight?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tbf there's literally no evidence that the picture that was doing the rounds was from today and not an old one. New Balance also ended their contract with him and he still had all their gear in the picture.

TNT

Banned
A snippet from a dialy mail story.

It is thought Stokes will practise in Christchurch, where his parents still live, and is pencilled in to play a 50-over game for Canterbury which could be as early as Saturday as he aims to be ready should he get clearance to join England.

But Canterbury coach Gary Stead told the New Zealand Herald that there was still work to be done for Stokes to play.

'If it happened, a lot of water would have to go under the bridge,' he said. 'There would need to be New Zealand Cricket and ECB sign-off as well as our board, and being clear we were comfortable with that. We're not at that stage.'

Richard Boock, public affairs manager of New Zealand Cricket, said there was 'an open mind' on whether Stokes could feature.

'NZC has yet to receive a formal request regarding Ben Stokes. However, we understand he and his representatives have been in discussions with Canterbury,' Boock was quoted as saying by stuff.nz.

'NZC has an open mind on this issue and will await further information before making a decision.'