• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

Cow

Banned
Australia seemingly has more laws than most Western countries. Feels a more draconian place to live than most I've been to.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia seemingly has more laws than most Western countries. Feels a more draconian place to live than most I've been to.
Looks like the overseas chapter of the IPA has joined CW. You should catch up with Corrin for some fervent agreement. I’d say Ikki too, but no one deserves that.

Cow

Banned
In light of the recent ***ual equality vote in Australia I believe it would be foolish for Cricket Australia not to roll out the red carpet for Ben Stokes. A man who has proven himself to be a LGBT champion and defender of a gay couples rights to have a night out without harassment.

Dare I say, it would a backward political statement by James Sutherland and the rest of the CA cronies if they didn't provide Stokes with some sort of celebratory event, similar to ones awarded to CA patrons like Bradman and Benaud, neither of whom came close to Stokes' social and political achievements.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol could I rant one or two quite particular subjects along these lines. Not the ones that get discussed regularly on here either.

But I won't because being angry and depressed is worse than just being depressed.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol could I rant one or two quite particular subjects along these lines. Not the ones that get discussed regularly on here either.

But I won't because being angry and depressed is worse than just being depressed.
Cheer up mate, we have the Ashes starting in two days :).

And I know that depression is way more than feeling sad. And you should seek help for that. Mental health issues are not to be taken lightly.

But seriously, give yourself something to look forward to - we have the Ashes starting in a couple of days :).

Cow

Banned
stokes.jpg

Alan Turing would still be with us had Ben Stokes been around.

Look at that stare, intimidation mixed with a deep caring for social justice.

The man is a champion of equality yet has no equals. The contradictions, like his left hook, are mind shattering.

Last edited:

Compton

International Debutant
I don’t care if he’s guilty of a crime.
I don’t care if he was defending others from crime.
I care that he’s an awesome cricketer.

Send Stokes over and we’ll see if we can’t make a series out of this.