• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I think the vice-captaincy should go but that is it. As somebody earlier said, standard British late-night street stuff.

S.Kennedy

Even Jimmy Anderson was out,

Thought he'd be going to bed early with a cup of coco these days?

S.Kennedy

Well the guy is backing away and ****ting his pants and Stokes is stalking him. Doesn't look good from that!

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Much depends on what question is being asked here. He won’t be going to jail, but I suspect neither will he be representing his Country in international sport.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez there’s some hard blokes on here. Will really think twice about winding you guys up any more.

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
Depends what happened before, but yes most of what was shown was Stokes being the aggressor. The punch is nothing special but the guy did hit a concrete road and luckily for Stokes the damage was minimal.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well the guy is backing away and ****ting his pants and Stokes is stalking him. Doesn't look good from that!
Well yea, because one of them just tried to smash a bottle over their heads and got disrupted. In a fair fight they have little chance. It was a cowardly attack

I think it's all very easy for people to look at the footage in the calm light of day. But if someone from a group attacks me or my family/friends with a weapon I ain't stopping until they're incapacitated - whether that be knocked out or dead. The two that attack look very similar on the footage - as in they've both got a dark jacket and a light coloured shirt. The only way to distinguish them on the footage is one has bright white shoes and the other are a bit duller. So it's also possible Stokes didn't know which was which, particularly in the mayhem. I would argue he has every right to incapacitate them when one has used a weapon. The guy had his hands up - it was semi-defensive but you don't know if they're going to attack again or not, they could pick up another weapon and attack. They attacked, they get no benefit of doubt.

tooextracool

International Coach
Perhaps I am missing something, but to me it just looks like a bunch of stumbling sots with poor aim. The man who initiated the entire thing should count himself lucky that Stokes' only managed to land one of his right hooks on target. Hopefully we can all just move on and focus on the one person in England who currently rates James Vince (and it's not James Vince).

OverratedSanity

Is there footage of any of those guys actually trying to hit anyone with a bottle?
In the first bit of the video, it does seem like the guy who started the whole thing had something in his hand. It's not clear though. Imo, more than Stokes, it's the bloke who started kicking him in the head when he was down on the pavement who looks really bad here.

Stokes looks pretty bad in the second video though. Clealry the agressor there. Don't think it's quite as big a deal as others, but he's undoubtedly one dumb sob to get involved in something like this and pretty lucky that he didn't hurt the guy badly

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The first half of the video was defensible. The second half really is not. The guy he knocked out was clearly submitting and backing off.

There should be some leniency for the fact that they were attacked but the continuing aggression late in the video was appalling.

I don't know how to feel. I want England to be full strength for their thrashing but I don't want someone who acts like that to be representing their country.

cnerd123

likes this
There was definitely one guy attacking someone else with the bottle and Stokes swooped in and that is all fine for me

Following them as they were backing off is a bit...eh. I mean, if they were cowardly enough to attack with a bottle once, I wouldn't want to turn my back to them again. I can see why he didn't want to stop till they were both KOed

Whose the prick kicking the guy in the head when's on the placement tho? What a little bitch that guy is.

OverratedSanity

Whose the prick kicking the guy in the head when's on the placement tho? What a little bitch that guy is.
awta. That was the worst thing in the video for me. Probably the most dangerous thing in there too. A punch is nothing compared to getting stomped in the head when down on the pavement.

Spikey

i reckon we need to have a postal survey on whether Ben Stokes should be allowed into the country