• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You just have to walk down a high street. Do you see those people getting a criminal record? They usually lock them up in the drunk tank overnight, charge them, fine them something like £100 and release them. You lot are acting like this is some unprecedented thing. The only thing unique about it is it concerned an international cricketer.
yeah, because criminal records magically appear as visible above the head of convicted felons, ****ing hell what a stupid post

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You do need to not be a complete ****wit though. The general public is dumb, it's why you shouldn't have dumb things like a referendum.
Yeah, guess that rules you out then! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Terrible, almost weldone/hb level of humour here
[Beevs]Don't speak to me like that. I'm really tough and will come round there and punch your face in. I did 10 press ups this morning, watched an episode of WWE, and won an egg and spoon race once, so I think it's pretty clear that I'm a real badass.[/Beevs]

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
DW, that actually happened a long time ago. I'm probably less unhinged these days than at any other stage in my 13 year posting career (which is actually a fairly damning statement, now I think about it).

Glad to be getting my bi-annual foray into CC out of the way in any event.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
[Beevs]Don't speak to me like that. I'm really tough and will come round there and punch your face in. I did 10 press ups this morning, watched an episode of WWE, and won an egg and spoon race once, so I think it's pretty clear that I'm a real badass.[/Beevs]
Don't speak like that, he's got 8 months of kickboxing experience (usually twice a week, only once if he's playing scrabble on the weekend)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The implication that sledger hasn't walked down enough English streets while drunk does quite tickle me. He's probably quite drunk right now tbh.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
there's been two references to the television show "How I Met Your Mother" in this thread

what the **** you ****s.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
To answer the qs on why Stokes punched the ' wrong ' guy : There is greater anger directed towards the attackers mate who obstructed the defender, than the attacker himself.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
No one knows what was being said. He might have been taunting Stokes about the four sixes in the T/20 final. Another valid mitigating circumstance to justify attempted murder.