• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Success draft: Choose an XI full of players who had peak success at 11 different ages

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Let's stick with what we've started with, ie what OS said

There's only 7 drafters so nobody will have to dig too deep into lesser known players. Just a glance at a players cricinfo batting or bowling summary than their DOB doesn't seem too hard. We'll basically all secure ATG heavy teams

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah.. that is just the batting order you give out to the opposition captain to mess with his plans. He will walk in at 5 when we are 300/3. Don't worry about it. :)

mr_mister

Hobbs is 30(most tons in 1912, born in 1882)

Pollock is 20 or 21

(most tons in '64 and '65, born in 44)

mr_mister

Round 1:

OverratedSanity - Imran Khan (35)
AndrewB - Gary Sobers (22)
Teuton - Sid Barnes (39)
morgieb - Shane Warne (36)
honestbharani - Keith Miller (32)
mr_mister - Sachin Tendulkar (37)
The Battler's Prince - Jack Hobbs (30)

Round 2:

The Battler's Prince - Graeme Pollock (20)
mr_mister - Malcom Marshall (26)
honestbharani -
morgieb -
Teuton -
AndrewB -
OverratedSanity -

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Hobbs is 30(most tons in 1912, born in 1882)

Pollock is 20 or 21

(most tons in '64 and '65, born in 44)
Ok, I was going off actual age. As Hobbs was born 16 December, he made 4 tons when he was 29 and similarly for Pollock who scored the most centuries while he was actually 19.

Edit: all good I see how we're doing it. ;)

Last edited:

mr_mister

The dismissals record for keepers is an interesting option I hadn't considered. I'll allow it