• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Four-day test cricket

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You are all dumb **** s. The answer is to have a non-overs limit contest at one end and a T20/LO contest at the other end. We can get rid of all the dumb "end" names as well. It will be simply the "Test End" on one side and the "T20 End" on the other side. And it will actually be the "end" of ODIs.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What if Stokes gets arrested in between two weekends of an Ashes Split Test (tm)
There will be no Ashes Split Test (tm), because the Ashes are a big enough money spinner as it is.

This is to help the lesser nations such as NZ, who make a loss of half a million on every Test they play.

Top_Cat

What if Stokes gets arrested in between two weekends of an Ashes Split Test (tm)
haha, I kinda love this. Play Sat/Sun then give the known lads a tab at the local after Thursday selection night prior to the second half of the game.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Daemon's split test (tm) concept is sound.

A radical alternative to the official 4 day proposal could be to keep the 5 days, but make each day even longer—potentially 100 overs each. This sounds ****oo, but hear me out.

Here's how it goes—"Day 1" of an Ind-Aus Test has them play at Chennai. The teams split the day's 100 overs into two innings of 50 overs for each team, and the side scoring more runs wins the "day".

Day 2 is played along similar lines at Kolkata, Day 3 at Indore, Day 4 at Bengaluru, and Day 5 at Nagpur. The team that wins the most "days" wins the Test match.

But then there's simply too much travelling and off time in between the days of the Test match, and spectators in a city probably won't pay to see just 20% of the game, so I reckon this is not even close to being acommercially viable model for the cricket boards.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Daemon's idea would be interesting for something that was more of a league structure than a series structure. You could get used to your cricket side playing every weekend, like people do with their teams in other sports.

Maybe it could have saved four-day domestic cricket as a consumer product. If only! :(

Bijed

International Regular
In the good old days, that would surely fetch a like from you. How have you changed *****?
I think that time Fred Tetanus started handing out hundreds of likes made him suffer some kind of existential crisis and damaged his like-giving ability

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Daemon's split test (tm) concept is sound.

A radical alternative to the official 4 day proposal could be to keep the 5 days, but make each day even longer—potentially 100 overs each. This sounds ****oo, but hear me out.

Here's how it goes—"Day 1" of an Ind-Aus Test has them play at Chennai. The teams split the day's 100 overs into two innings of 50 overs for each team, and the side scoring more runs wins the "day".

Day 2 is played along similar lines at Kolkata, Day 3 at Indore, Day 4 at Bengaluru, and Day 5 at Nagpur. The team that wins the most "days" wins the Test match.

But then there's simply too much travelling and off time in between the days of the Test match, and spectators in a city probably won't pay to see just 20% of the game, so I reckon this is not even close to being acommercially viable model for the cricket boards.
:lol:

cnerd123

likes this
I'm glad GI Joe is back but his lack of an avatar makes me feel he isn't fully committed to his return.

I feel it's like dating a girl whom at first you thought it would just be a quick fling which is a lot of fun whenever you do get to meet but you know it's probably not going anywhere and it isn't going to last, but then you continue to keep seeing each other over and over again, andnow you're confused because it's been like 4 months and she hasn't added you back on social media yet and you don't know where this is going but you don't want to be that guy who suddenly gets all clingy on her and wants to know if you two are exclusive now and if this is a 'relationship' and you're 'boyfriend-girlfriend', so you hold off on asking any further questions and just enjoy her company whenever you get it. You don't want to ruin a good thing but the anxiety and uncertainity is also killing you slowly.

Goddamit GI Joe are we back together now or are we not.

TheJediBrah

I'm glad GI Joe is back but his lack of an avatar makes me feel he isn't fully committed to his return.

I feel it's like dating a girl whom at first you thought it would just be a quick fling which is a lot of fun whenever you do get to meet but you know it's probably not going anywhere and it isn't going to last, but then you continue to keep seeing each other over and over again, andnow you're confused because it's been like 4 months and she hasn't added you back on social media yet and you don't know where this is going but you don't want to be that guy who suddenly gets all clingy on her and wants to know if you two are exclusive now and if this is a 'relationship' and you're 'boyfriend-girlfriend', so you hold off on asking any further questions and just enjoy her company whenever you get it. You don't want to ruin a good thing but the anxiety and uncertainity is also killing you slowly.

Goddamit GI Joe are we back together now or are we not.
Or when the girl you're seeing keeps calling the police every time you go on a date with her. It's not my fault she doesn't want to go anywhere fun together and i have to follow her when she's out with her friends or wait outside her windows at night to spend time together.

cnerd123

likes this
Or when the girl you're seeing keeps calling the police every time you go on a date with her. It's not my fault she doesn't want to go anywhere fun together and i have to follow her when she's out with her friends or wait outside her windows at night to spend time together.
I feel like this applies less to my feelings for G I Joe and more for your feelings to HB tbh

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Daemon's idea would be interesting for something that was more of a league structure than a series structure. You could get used to your cricket side playing every weekend, like people do with their teams in other sports.

Maybe it could have saved four-day domestic cricket as a consumer product. If only! :(
Alas, I don't think anything could have saved FC cricket as a consumer product. List A's on the other hand...