• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka and Pakistan in UAE 2017

Firebreaker

Banned
Lahore-September 9, 2017: The Pakistan Cricket Board announced the schedule of the Sri Lanka Tour to Pakistan 2017 (played at the neutral venue in UAE) today.

The series comprises of 2 Test Matches, 5 One Day Internationals, and 3 T-20I matches with last T-20I to be played at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore (subject to security clearance) on October 29, 2017. The series commences on September 28 with a two match Test series with the second Test match of the series to be a Day Night Test match to be played at Dubai Cricket Stadium (DCS) from October 6, 2017.

The five-match ODI series between the two teams will be played in three cities i.e. Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah starting from October 13, 2017. Furthermore, the first two T-20I matches will be played in Abu Dhabi followed by the third T-20I to take place in Lahore in continuation with the return of international cricket following World XI tour to Pakistan.

Firebreaker

Banned
Azhar Ali is doubtful for the Test series and Yasir Shah keeps on failing the fitness tests which have now made him doubtful as well

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Samarawickrama, Roshen Silva make Sri Lanka Test squad - ESPNcricinfo
Big news for us is that Angelo has been left out due to "injury" -strange considering his Twitter has been full of him training hard in the gym..
Also for me, Kumara and Chameera should be in this squad to give them as much match practice as possible. SLC are saying they are trying to manage their workload but for me, match fitness is a different beast to gym fitness..

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Dhanajaya will always struggle as he is batting at same position as Chandimal and I genuinely think that he will do better and so is kept out by the captain..

Firebreaker

Banned
Sri Lankans saying they want extra security.I really hope that match doesn't happen in Lahore.It would be better if its in Dubai because the whole city locks down during such matches

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Sri Lankans saying they want extra security.I really hope that match doesn't happen in Lahore.It would be better if its in Dubai because the whole city locks down during such matches
To be fair to our players I think they are pretty justified to be a bit over cautious about security considering what haopend..I hope it does go ahead in Lahore as it would be brilliant for the Pakistani people to see international cricket at home..

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope Sri Lanka put up a decent fight. No fun seeing them being so abject and spineless.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Sami Aslam back in the side and Shafiq to bat at 4. So excited for this series.

Can one of the mods make this thread sticky please? The 1st test is starting today

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Decent start by SL. Pitch looks dry with not much movement for new ball bowlers. Could be a toiling day for Pak.

Daemon

Mendis is on 0 but according to cricinfo his most productive shot has been the flick

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah, Thiramanne. One of those seems to have been around for ages and also seems to have sucked the entire time.

Daemon

Yasir Shah's the only athletic looking international spinner going around isn't he?