• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka and Pakistan in UAE 2017

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Poor decision that for me,considering there was clear daylight between ball and bat on the replay.. Having said that,we did get the benefit on at least one of Dilruwans decisions so fair enough..

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
good session for us and well done to Chandi on his first hundred as captain.. my question is though, what has changed? why are we suddenly able to bat again? The opposition isn't poor, yes the wicket is flat but something has changed? Don't get me wrong I am really pleased it has, but just curious so see what has made the difference...
It's just the game of cricket. Things like this happen all the time. If you remember the SL-AUS series, SL were quite bad on Day 1, bowled out for 117 and Australia were 90 runs ahead. Sometimes little things go you way and you win the session, then the next and then the test, and then you win 3-0.

Sometimes the opposite happens, little things don't go your way, you find yourself down, and never manage to gain the initiative in the entire series, which is what happened with Pakistan in Australia 2016.

Just look at West Indies, after the first test in England, people said they should not be playing test cricket.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lower order folded quickly, still a decent effort. Pakistan did well there at the end.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Go get that maiden hundred Sami
I thought I remembered him scoring one against the West Indies but apparent it was only 90. I remember him falling short against NZ but I swear I remember him getting that ton against WI. My memory is a weird thing sometimes.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Nope it was 90, trying to sweep Roston Chase iirc. He also got run out for 82 against England, and a 91 in New Zealand. It has been a frustrating 12 months as a massive Sami fan

Bijed

International Regular
Please just bring Herath on, let him get those 11 wickets he needs for 400 as quickly as possible.

Bahseph

State Captain
Switched on today and saw some of Haris Sohail bowling and I wondered how he could ever be picked as a back up spinner and have FC success with that action. Looked at his stats and realised he only had 1 FC wicket yet I've seen him bowl so often for Pakistan. Am I missing something? Or is this a new player?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Switched on today and saw some of Haris Sohail bowling and I wondered how he could ever be picked as a back up spinner and have FC success with that action. Looked at his stats and realised he only had 1 FC wicket yet I've seen him bowl so often for Pakistan. Am I missing something? Or is this a new player?
Nah, I think it's purely a case of he's been used as a batting all-rounder for Pakistan but a pure batsman domestically. Why I'm not sure, only reason I can think of is that Pakistan don't really have any all-rounders.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha yeah he got a bowl in ODIs purely because they didn't have a sixth bowler in the side. He was actually much better than I expected when he first bowled internationally but yeah, he definitely still shouldn't be bowling in Tests. Azhar should've bowled instead - I guess Sarfraz wanted something different to just more leggies though.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Its not a new player. The Haris that you saw bowling often was in ODIs.. You're probably referring to World Cup 2015